Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What's Kawasaki up to?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Kawasaki up to?

Originally posted by: kwackermann
. Probably the next thing we'll see is catalytic converters for quads, ya never know these days.........

LLLLLL NO.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo I hate them catalytic converters. Its a waste to put them on cars and stuff cause we just cut them off when we buy a new car, hahhaa. Hell, we'll probably see fuel injection on atvs soon too. Doesn't the Suzuki boys have a FI atv?? I think atv's and dirtbikes will be the last to have FI. We got the Jet Ski's with FI now. Yea Kwackermann, I can't believe 2 strokes have lasted this long. 2 stroke jet skis are almost gone. Kawi needs to make a special production run of a Tecate 250 2 stroker to say fare well to the 2 stroke dirtbikes/atvs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I hope they do that but probably not. I guess we can dream a little more like i always do!

Old 12-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, KVRMUDDRUNNER, it's a wonder that 2 strokes have made it this far. It sure would be nice for Kawasaki to roll out a 'comemorative' Tecate one last time. But maybe that's what they'll call it when they bring us their 450 quad. FI, yes- suzuki is on it now and ATK had it like 10 years ago already. As far as catalytic converters go, they are quite helpful for emissions reduction- I can vouch for the new monolithic units' superiority over the pellet type- had to replace the cat on my 1991 truck- and it was like giving the truck new life. But I guess we'll drive off that bridge when we get to it.

Old 12-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Luckily most of our vehicles are older so no catalytic converters. My uncle used to have a 87 Tecate 4. Wish he still had it. He said you could put that atv on the two side wheels and blip the throttle and get it up on one rear wheel! GOD I WISH I HAD ONE!!!

Old 12-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah- I hear ya, ocassionaly there are flashes of brilliance from the vehicle manufacturers. Lossons learned, if there's a vehicle that seems too good to last- it won't, get one and store it away in mothballls........

Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
BRT
Trailblazer

What is Kawasaki thinkin??

1. Not supporting racin. Thats the bread and butter. ESPECIALLY in Supercross. Green against red against blue against yellow.
Got to have the racin. What are they gonna do wit the money?
They don't have a clue.
2. Doin away with best sellin, most innovative, 4 wheeler line in the last 10 years to go with a BRUTE FORCE. Woooo
Make it look all futuristic like a Nissan Titan truck or something and put a testoerone induced name on it. Marketing.
But wait, they won't market what made them what they are but they'll put out a product they think will replace the Prairie.
If it ain't broke don't TRY to fix at it.
Ah yes corporate America at it's finest.

DISLAIMER: I mean no offense to Nissan or Brute Force owners. Just a comparison.

Catalytic converters on ATVS. Surprised CA ain't done it yet.
Next thing you know we'll have air bags and front impact crumple zones so we don't hurt ourselves.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brute Force = Corniest ATV name in production

Old 12-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

I think Brute Force is a great name, way better than Prairie!

Old 12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well- to be honest with ya, 'brute' sounds a little off. Not quite natural, I can understand that they're probably trying to convey an all powerful never get stuck type a thing, but I think it misses the mark. Prairie conveyed images of wide open spaces, freedom.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

When I here the name Brute Force I think Dirty Harry / Clint Eastwood kinda cool but also tough and violant.

When I here Prairie I think of prairie chickens, even though I have one and love it but hate the name, I pealed the prarie logo's off as soon as I got it home.

Quick Reply: What's Kawasaki up to?