Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force or 660 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force or 660 Grizzly

My dad has been wanting a new 4 wheeler for a while but he cant decide what to get between a grizzly or brute force. In my opinion he should get the brute force because it has more CCs and it come fixed up. It has ITP rims and ITP tires plus its camoed out with some more aftermarkets but the grizzzly is fixed up to. so what is a better atv for a 46 year old man?

Old 12-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Range Rover

V-Twin verses Single Cyl vibration machine. BF is easy winner.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Both are excellent choices. He can't go wrong with either.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

I never rode the BF, but i have no complaints with the grizz, i love that quad

Old 12-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

One of my riding partners has a Grizz, I really like them too.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:36 PM
TDC
Trailblazer

I've owned them both and you can't lose with either one. I like the Grizz. 4x4 system better. If I was hitting serious mud holes or doing serious rock crawling where having the front diff locked constantly is a necessity on a regular basis and I never felt the need to teach a sport quad a liitle respect on open terrain I'd go with the Grizzly. On the other hand, if I rode in these conditions regularly (and I do) and wanted to humble the fast movers (which I do) then I would definitely go with the B.F. 750 (which I did)! A little riding skill and ingenuity on the B.F. will make up for the disadvantage caused by its diff lock system.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TDC
I've owned them both and you can't lose with either one. I like the Grizz. 4x4 system better. If I was hitting serious mud holes or doing serious rock crawling where having the front diff locked constantly is a necessity on a regular basis and I never felt the need to teach a sport quad a liitle respect on open terrain I'd go with the Grizzly. On the other hand, if I rode in these conditions regularly (and I do) and wanted to humble the fast movers (which I do) then I would definitely go with the B.F. 750 (which I did)! A little riding skill and ingenuity on the B.F. will make up for the disadvantage caused by its diff lock system.
Can't you lock in the front diff in on the BF?

I'm making the same decision shortly. BF or grizz. Well, BF, grizz, AC, Suzuki, Polaris (probably not polaris but I'm gonna look anyways). I'm definately leaning towarsd the BF at the moment.

Old 12-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

you have to squeeze the yellow lever to lock the diff on a BF750. so how often do you need it locked? myself, I've only pulled it one time for 20 seconds in 14 hours of riding. but like he said, if you were going to ride long distances with the front diff locked you would be better off with the Grizz. I too have owned them both and they are very similar except the BF750 is WAY quicker. I got rid of my Grizz because it boiled the gas and vapor locked, but I guess they have that fixed now.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

[/quote]Can't you lock in the front diff in on the BF?

I'm making the same decision shortly. BF or grizz. Well, BF, grizz, AC, Suzuki, Polaris (probably not polaris but I'm gonna look anyways). I'm definately leaning towarsd the BF at the moment.[/quote]

Yes , the BF and the prairies included have a front diff you can lock , on the yamahas , which I have one , you have to stop , flip a switch, then a button to lock it and then you have to stop , press a button and flip a switch to usually move forward and backward to make it disengage , on the kawie you grab a lever pull it to the handle bar hold it there while you have a hold of the grip which is very easy and then release the lever , you can dfo all this on the fly , I like the kawie setup better on the diff lock but I like the yamahas 4wd engagement better but I have never had a problem with either, if you don't want to hold the lever get the PEN-LOCK from highlifter.It is about $35 - $40.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had a chance to ride a Grizz last week-end. Very soft plush ride probably something that a 46 year old man would like. Regarding the Diff lock, the Kawi system is far superior in my opinion. all you do is squeeze the yellow lever as needed. Especially if you are wearing gloves.

Quick Reply: Brute Force or 660 Grizzly