Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Calling ALL V Force/KFX700 owners, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling ALL V Force/KFX700 owners, HELP

I just got the go ahead from my tax man to buy something before the end of the year or give the government money.
Hmmmmmmm, lets see here........New quad......or give the feds more tax money. What should I do? NOT!!!!
I called about 10 places today and the best buy I could get out the door for an 04 was $6,300. The last guy said he could beat that by a bit but not much. Most were like around $7,000 OTD!!!!!!
I remember one guy on here got his quad ripped off and bought a new V for $5,200. Is that out the door?

What is a really good/best buy OUT THE DOOR for a V Force?
Also, how soft is the suspention on these things? I'm old and my back is not in the best shape after many years on bikes and tractors. I really like my Bomb Traxter but that thing is crazy stiff on the trails.

Please feel free to comment on anything about the V before I lay down 6k. Any and all comments are welcome.

Hurry, I might pull the trigger on this thing tomorrow?

Thanks to all.

Old 12-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

I would hope you can get an 04 for $6000 OTD.
As for the suspension, It is not soft. You can soften it up some, but better shocks will be in order to get that softer ride. It is a great bike and you will want to do a few things to it when you get it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

Yep exactly, I would hope to get a 04 V for $6000 otd, and you will probally want to get softer shocks for that softer ride, but it wil probally feel beter than that Bomb Traxter of yours, but from Works you can get new front shocks and a rebuit rear shock shipped and customized for $675-$700, but its definatly a nice bike

Old 12-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider

DoctorTurbo, by living in Kalifornia, I think we're just screwed on ATV prices. If you can get that thing for $6300 OTD, I think that's a good price. Both HappywithVForce and I paid more. I'm just guessing it's the overhead for operating here on the left coast. I've shopped around a lot, and $6300 is a good price -- in California. For the sake of comparison, Chapparal wanted $8500 OTD.

You know, if you're looking for a soft ride, perhaps a Prairie would be the answer. They're almost as fast. Here in the mountains, I ride the Prairie almost exclusively. I bought the V-Force for the desert. If I could only have one quad, it would be the Prairie.

Another option would be the 2005 Polaris Predator. They're supposed to have very soft springs.

Old 12-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Thanks for the replys. WileyCoyote I think I have come to the same conclusion that you have. I know I'm right "there" on price because I have talked to about 12 dealers or so and I have only got two to come down to that price out the door. For states that don't charge sales tax I think that 54 to 57 would be a great price. For states that have sales tax I think 6 to 63 would be a great price.
I had a friend check in Orgeon hoping that I could save enought to make a trip up there. The dealer he talked to could get me one for 57 OTD. If you add Cal. sales tax (which happens when I go to license it here) to that price he was right there, maybe a hundred or two under the dealers price in Cal. When I add in fuel and taking a day off of work and the hassel of getting the thing back in state it just does not pencil out.
About the Prairie. I have a 4X4 and I want something a little sportier. From what I have read, I know the Prairie's are fast and very sporty, but I just like the V. I just don't need or want another Ute.
About the Preddy. They are also nice but I've done the shifting thing all my life and I'm over it. I'm old and lazy now and want a "stab and steer" quad now. I saw some kid on a Shee a few months back in tight and steep trails and that poor guy was working on that thing harder than I work at work. He was shifting that thing about every 2 seconds up and down, up and down. When I saw him at the end of the trail he was worn out.
I need a quad that will just explode from 0 to about 30mph. I don't need high top speed because the trails around here don't let you open it up. I think the V will be prefect for this. If I rode more of an open deal than I would choose something like a DS or something like that.

Chapparal wanted $8500 OTD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Chapparal Sucks. I tried to get them to deal with me for WEEKS, on the Outlander. They just would not come down on the price. I was on the phone for a couple of weeks, probably made 60 calls. Some dealers refuse to deal on the phone, oh well, they just don't get my business. I got it $800 cheaper by going to a place in San Luis Obispo, but I don't think they sell Kawis, though. Good luck on your search

Old 12-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

I paid 6399.00 +5% sales tax 3 weeks after the V Force 1st came out at Motions here in Atlanta.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Trailblazer

call these guys
BROTHERS OF ONEONTA 2335 2nd Ave E Oneonta, AL 35121 (205) 274-0789
I bought 2005 in july and I think it was $5824 OTD

Old 12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

[i]About the Prairie. I have a 4X4 and I want something a little sportier. From what I have read, I know the Prairie's are fast and very sporty, but I just like the V. I just don't need or want another Ute.
About the Preddy. They are also nice but I've done the shifting thing all my life and I'm over it. I'm old and lazy now and want a "stab and steer" quad now. I saw some kid on a Shee a few months back in tight and steep trails and that poor guy was working on that thing harder than I work at work. He was shifting that thing about every 2 seconds up and down, up and down. When I saw him at the end of the trail he was worn out.
I need a quad that will just explode from 0 to about 30mph. I don't need high top speed because the trails around here don't let you open it up. I think the V will be prefect for this. If I rode more of an open deal than I would choose something like a DS or something like that.
Sounds like the V will fit the bill perfectly. $6300 sounds pretty good. Once you buy it and start to enjoy it you won't care how much you might have saved searching elsewhere.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tell me how your accountant plans on making a sport quad tax deductible, I would sure like to know.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Calling ALL V Force/KFX700 owners, HELP