Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

WHY WONT THE MOJAVE START

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY WONT THE MOJAVE START

This may not be the smartess guess, but some buddies of mine can't start theirs because of compression.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

mine kicks over but doesnt start
the motors is turnin over but no fire

Old 12-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Quad Patrol

MO, our mojave is hard to start initially too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I know, the choke needs to be opened just right and not to much pumping of the throttle. After a few too many kicks, it does start[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I have also heard about mojave being hard to start if the valves are out of specs. That is something I plan on checking on ours. Also, like kawa suggested, get a book. Costs about $30 bucks and can answer some of your questions.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

mine starts pretty quik ussually in 2-3 kicks ......if its to cold bikes and cars and trucks dont like to start easy get it warmed up and try if it dont work check the timming chain and see if its timed right at top dead center the (piston) the timing marks on the gears are front gear is marked by a dot it should be facing the radiater and the back gear is facing the back of engine the top of the cover after its off is where the gasket goes for the cover .. the edge there, is an even line its actually the top of the ingine use it to line up straight and there is a mark for the magneto to be lined with if you take the little screw cap off , on the shifter side of engine , not the big cap in the middle, look in side youll see it if its timed right and the timming chain aint stretched to much then youll be fine but if it ran before the cold weather then warm it up in the garage or with a heater or blow dryer something, cold weather is very hard on the motor for any bike

Old 12-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

im takein the fenders off today and checkin the plug, coil, and plug wire and make sue its all good then if that dont work ill take it to a shop for a tune up, i no a guy who fixes bikes for like 20$ cdn

Old 12-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

how long would it take to heat up the engine with a blowdryer?

Old 12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer

Heating the engine wont do much, fuel doesnt "atomize" correctly in really cold weather, which is the reason for EGR valves in cars. They stay open untill the engine is warmed up. It heats the intake to warm tohe incoming air.

I fyou have a heated garage, bring it in there, or a basement if posible. Like said, check for spark and thigns like that.

Did the bike run before? Or has it never ran since you got it?

Old 12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

so its needs to suck in warm air

Old 12-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Range Rover

could i use a blowdryer to blow warm air down the intake hose to make the engine start

Old 12-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

90% of the Mo's that won't start or are hard to start are due to the valves set too tight. Usually it's the intake valve on the brake pedal side thats the culprit.

Quick Reply: WHY WONT THE MOJAVE START