Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave Modding or no???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave Modding or no???

Is it worth modding a 2001 mojave. I was thinking about putting, zest orange plastic, paint the frame black, white brothers exhaust, hot cams, 40 over bore, nerfs, and a DG bumper. It makes a clicking noise in 2nd gear, so i plan on going through the whole transmission and replaceing whatever needs it. The mojave has alot of miles on it, and might need a new head. I kinda want to be different, there arent many modded mojaves out there. Tell me what u think. As the mojave sits now, the rear plastic is trashed, and maybe get 1200 for it. It is not in the best shape. Thank You

Old 01-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

You can mod it. but litle mods wont make it go alot faster. get a new quad

Old 01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

heck mod it dude and its worth everything you got most mojaves are and have been modded .... so dont sell it !!!!!!!!!!1 there are so many things you can do to them after you do all you want ...ill bet when you get done youll be glad you didnt sell it and you did fix it up

Old 01-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Quad Patrol

I agree, mod it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] isn't that one of the great things about owning a atv[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]making it more personal and unique then the next one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A few riders on this forum have done outstanding things to their mojaves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone can buy a "fast"quad. I think there's more pride when you build it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] JMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Pro Rider

it is .but VERY EXPENSIVE ! im a former quadsport owner . it was powerfull,but not worth money in it.JMHO

Old 01-25-2005, 04:52 AM
Range Rover

Save your money and buy something with some potential, like a 400ex or z400 or some other mid level sport bike. After modding my mojave I now know the meaning of "pollished turd". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2005, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

i myself would start with something with more ccs. THEN build it up!or do what i did just get a 2-stroke,put a couple hundred in it and RIP !!!! ps. i also have a mojave,and they are what they are.... a 250 cc sport quad...THATS IT,NOTHING MORE ! save your money and get something with some ***** to start out with,THEN MOD THE $HIT OUT OF THAT !!!! 400ex,warrior, something with a GOOD reliability record, unlike mojave. im a little bitter because of mine,but after replacing,timing chain,adjuster,kickstart gears TWICE in a week,and still need to weld pad on decompression lever on rocker so i doesnt happen again!hell i wish i had my quadsport for the kid! have fun with monthly valve adjustments,timing chains ,and kicker gears! i had a tecate 4 years ago ,if you like kaw. get one of those.they are rare ,and they DO RIP !!!!

Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

ok hears your answer,1. KEEP IT 2. dont go with a 400cc sport quad because with slight modding a mojave can run with the "big boys" 3. get a full tune up on your bike, then start moddin it , sounds good to me

Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Range Rover

oh and 86250rrider, your mojave sounds like one of the "rotten ones" i havent had any problems with mine and if any one can break it i probabily would, i find my engine bullet proof
no problems at all and i kepp the revs pretty high when i drive

Old 01-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

yeah after modding ,it will KEEP UP and thats it. keep up with STOCK 400s that is . get a 400 ,mod it ,and smoke ALL general use bikes like the mojave ! and 400 s to boot. ITS YOUR MONEY ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Mojave Modding or no???