Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ds 650 vs. kfx 700

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds 650 vs. kfx 700

I know this is a kawasaki forum but was hoping for an honest reply regarding these 2 models. I know both are quality machines but was wondering if any one knew the pros and cons of each. It seems the bombardier has better suspension and seems to fit larger riders but other than that I havn't had the opportunity to ride either of them. Does the ds have more power, ground clearance, etc. I know the kawasaki has reverse which is a huge advantage but it is not the deal breaker. AS much info. you guys and gals can give me would help alot. Which has more torque and brute power? Top speed is not that crucial since going over 65 mph on a quad is not that importnat to me. Any one of these better for trails, snow, track, etc. Thanks for all your help

Old 03-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Well the ds is more stable, has more suspension, more clearnace its faster and has more power and is lighter the onllything the kawi has on the ds is reverse......if allllllll you did was trails ide get the vforce but other than that go ds all the way.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't own a ds or vforce but I have raced both and have a friend who owns a ds. The ds is definately the more powerful and in my opinion the sportier of the two. For slow to medium speed trails the v would probably suit you fine but, if you want a large sport quad that feels like a sport quad then the ds in my opinion is the way to go. Besides an auto sport quad just dosen't feel right to me.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

If you like to bang through gears then go with the ds, if you just want to focus on the trail and not worry about shifting then go with the kawi. I read ATV actions KFX 700 vs DS vs Scrambler 500 and they reported like this. KFX is 46 pounds more than the DS. The KFX was three quad lengths behind the DS in 100 yard race, but they said it was hard to get a good run on the KFX cause it loves to wheelie. The DS handles better at high speeds and whoops. The KFX won in the woods trail comparision, and they both do well in the dunes. The KFX has more ground clearance, and the most undercarriage protection. Hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned both..It really depends on what kind or ridding you are going to do..Woods I would go with the KFX hands down..Just upgrade suspension.If you are ridding open areas then you cant beat a DS..The DS is the complete package just need reverse..But IMO the V-force is the all around best quad..Its not great at anything but can do just about anything very well.