Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

power washing question on bf750

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power washing question on bf750

hey all, i was just wondering after power washing my brute force should i spray any wd-40 on any of the joints on the wheels, or other places???

Old 03-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

DONT PRESSURE WASH. You should not need any more pressure than out of your garden hose , there was an article in I think Dirtwheels on pressure washing , very bad for your wheeler , pushing mud into bearing and places it does not belong. It also blows your stickers off. Soap , elbow grease and garden hose pressure is sufficient. Then grease what needs to be greased and armoral everything but the seat and hand grips. Your wheeler will last much longer without the pressure washer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

I agree to certain point...
But I can't spend 3-4 hours washing my quad off with garden hose and bucket of soap.....
As long as you don't use 5000 psi ..and point the tip directly on your decals....you should be fine....
Using a prssure wacsher takes long enough as it is ....usinga little common sence and you should cause any damge to your ATV"S

JP

Old 03-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to sound like a proffessor of washology but once you get a pattern down the wash process becomes much faster, ok here we go . As soon as I get back from ridng it gets washed and believe me you cant see the color of my Griz most of the time,If you are one of those guys that let them sit a couple days youll pay hell to get her cleaned up. Get all the heavy off 1st then soap and scrub and rinse then get the spots you missed . I can do mine in 1 hr. dried and armoralled up. looking almost new. I have a friend and he drives me nuts ,he will ride one week end and the next weekend before the ride he goes to the CAR wash and blasts off that poor wheeler and then goes riding , and then the same thing the next week.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]If you keep her clean she will last longer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with the orphan maker. use a little common sense. I've had a pressure washer for 6 years and four different four wheelers and no problems. don't blast rubber things or cv boots you could tear them. we even blast my buddies scramblers chain which he's had for four years without any problems.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

OK pressure wash away.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I have been powerwashing my quad for a long time now and have never had a problem with. Yeah, dont be stupid and go crazy, watch what you powerwash, and dont go to close to anything really important. Also all my friends powerwashs their stuff and we all never seemed to have any problems. It make you quad look great too. Yeah to answer your question i ususally spray important parts with WD40.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

i'm not saying that regular hose will not work...
Howwever....most of the time when we go riding...its an all day thing...and by the time we get back to the house its to late to wash....so it may take me a feww days to get to mine ....I hate it ....just the way I have to do it ....if I have time I clean right away....
I use pressure to blow heavy dirt off and to rince...from a distance......not to sand blast the metal......If used right ...

JP

Old 03-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

I also use a pressure washer on my wheeler. I just turn the adjust the wand so it has a nice fan pattern to it and I keep my distance. In the wrong hands I have no doubt it can be damaging but with a little common sense I think you should be fine.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Wow I had know idea so many people used them . I still believe it is better to wash them by hand and low pressure. I always thought it was not good to pressure wash, then when I read it in dirtwheels I said to all my buds see I knew it was bad .Hey I think this is the most feed back on any of my replies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: power washing question on bf750