Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

time 4 new tires on the P700

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time 4 new tires on the P700

So many choices out there. I'm lookin for some feedback on any of the 6 ply tires out there from guys who have been running them on they're prairies. So far the ATR's sound like a good all around tire. I dont spend all my time in mud (but I NEVER go around it) . Actually I'm usually lookin for some......So I dont need a very agressive mud tire. Most of my riding is on trails or making some new ones. The stock tires , although soft, have been good to me...no plugs, just worn down. It's a shame, the front tires still look new but the backs are just about slicks :-). So tell me about your tires and why you like em'. Oh yeh, I want to stay with my stock rims for now and just go up 1 size (26") Thanks for your time. Bob

Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with 26 dirt devils

Old 03-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

I think your looking in the right direction, The ITP ATR's or There Brother The Badlands would make for a good stock tire replacement and because there radials the handling will be much better then most any of the bias ply tires. Find your best deal and when your ready to buy just shot me an email, I sell wheels and tires and can maybe get a better price for you? ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Old 03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

I went with the 26" Mudlites. I have put over 3000 km on them and have had great luck with them. I put a good hole through a sidewall and lost that one, but that was not the tires fault. Mud holes hide some nasty crap that just does not get seen and a man can not miss the mud... it is written[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I bought the Mudlites because they were a very good price and the 26" added a couple of inches more clearence. Good luck with your choice.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

i have mud zillas on mine and i love them but i would have when with 26" or 27s but the quad came the way it is so i wont complane.
my buddy just orderd some mud bugs and i think there an awsome mud snow and trail tire.
there stronger then the mud lites and only weigh a few pounds more.
ive had gators on my 03 500 cat and i realy liked them.
i have mud lites on my honda and compered to the gators and zillas they come in 3rd.
i think the zillas are a good trail tire because they can handle anything you toss at them.
and they ride smooth because of the overlapping tread pattren.
i dont like the dirt devils they would come in 6th or 7th in my books.

if you can afford them get the zillas in 26 or 27" and if its not in the budget the get the mud bugs you cant go wrong with them.
the gators are just as good as the bugs but there a stiffer tire and weigh about 7lbs a tire more and cost more but will last longer then the bugs.
out of the three i have owned and the other tires i have seen in actioni will rate them for you.
this is just my opinion and i dont want anyone getting up set over this.
we all think our tires are the best but untill you see all of them in action you will never know.
i would stay with the 26" or 27" unless you need the extra gc.
ok here gos.
#1 mud zillas.
#2gators.
#3mudbugs.
#4mud lites.
#5dirtdevils.
#6bearclaws.
like i said this is just my opinion.
i have seen alot of tires in action and i ride alot of bush mud and steep rocky terrane and i have seen these tires in action so this is what i think of these tires.
where i live these are the most populer tires around.
i have seen other tires but none in action.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have holeshot atr's on my 700 and for trailriding on almost all terrain I love them. I got in mud about a foot deep and had absolutely no problem. Unless you high center you should be fine. The ride and handling are improved over stock and I like them very well overall. The only negative I see with them is the weight they are not near as heavy as most "mud" tires but I can feel the power difference from stock it is not a great loss though. Also the atr's are much wider than stock on my c-series wheels the rear are 12" wide and the front are 9". With that added width they will slow down your top end on sand, if you ever do any sand drag racing you will definately feel the difference.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:05 AM
mtd
Range Rover

NY scrambler,
I would go with ATR holeshot, if you do much trailling, For mud I like my budlight (Oups) mud lite.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

26"Dirt Devil XT's is what I run, but they are more of a mud tire. But they do ride well.There are pics of that tire on my Prairie in my Photo page. Maybe the Big Horns is what you need? or the Dirt Tamers << a new tire from GBC. On another note Hey Coop you riding Sat???? Me and the Crew are going up to that place to ride with Mike. You up for a wet A$$ ride?

Old 04-01-2005, 08:22 AM
mtd
Range Rover

NY scrambler,
I would also with maxxis big horn for trailling and mud.

Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Go with the Bighorns. Awesome tire. My tire list would be:

1. Bighorns
2. ATR's
3. GBC Dirt Tamers
4. Mudlite XL's

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: time 4 new tires on the P700