Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave Owners With Supertrapp IDS2 In Here Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave Owners With Supertrapp IDS2 In Here Please

Guys I am about to install my new IDS2 on my new Mojave and was wondering how many discs do you guys run? Instructions say 8-10 on a stock motor. Thats what I have so would would I be better with 8 or 10? Stupid question I know but I'd like to do this right the first time. I'll be getting a CWR air filter kit in a few weeks but will be riding a lot between now and then, so I'm thinking 10 discs. Opinions please?

Old 07-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

I have it installed now, I must say the instructions are junk. However I finally figured it out. I installed ten discs and took it for a ride, sounds AWESOME. I already had the carb jetted up one notch on the main so, I certainly felt a power increase after the install of the pipe. Overall it seems worth the money. Only time will tell for sure. I also have to pick up some drill bits tommorow so that I can install the retaining pin.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Quad Patrol

I have like 4 or 5 in ours. I like the sound it produces. Not to loud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Unless, I'm going deaf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

opps...i missed this...yeah...i love my ids2...makes great power and sounds good

Old 07-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

I went for a long ride today with the 10 discs and let me tell you this thing is LOUD! I've always been a fan of loud pipes but geez. I like it though, but I'll have to be careful how I ride it when around residental areas, gotta respect others. No wonder they classify the race series as "for closed course only" lol

Old 07-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: DeuceRooster
I went for a long ride today with the 10 discs and let me tell you this thing is LOUD! I've always been a fan of loud pipes but geez. I like it though, but I'll have to be careful how I ride it when around residental areas, gotta respect others. No wonder they classify the race series as "for closed course only" lol
Thank you for being courteous to others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I felt no difference between having 8 discs and 5 discs. So I run 5 to try to cut down on the noise.

The power inprovement over stock was very impressive even before I rejetted it. Unfortunatly the packing burns/blows out very fast.
I gotta repack the thing every 6-8 hours.

What packing will last?

Old 07-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Quad Patrol

I haven't had to repack ours yet. So, I can't help you with what works best.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

i have some questions and would appriciate the many answers i need...im, thinkin of gettin the supertrapp ids2 for my mojave and i got questions....wat is repacking mean...and hopw much dopes it cost...and how do i do it....must i rejet it...wut does that mean....can sumone send me a website with the items i need to rejet it....???????

Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The muffler has a fiberglass like material inside it to help cut down the sound. It burns out and the muffler gets very loud. The new material is arounf $15-$20 and takes about an hour to replace.

Rejetting the carb means to replace the "Jets" in the carb to allow more or less fuel to get the mixture correct. Usually after adding an aftermarket exhaust you need to make the mixture have more fuel.

Quick Reply: Mojave Owners With Supertrapp IDS2 In Here Please