Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF sucked in water, imagine that

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF sucked in water, imagine that

I finally did it, hit a big water hole too fast, and filled the breather with water. I drained the breather, dried the filter and started it back up.
It continued to spit and sputter. I waited to get home and drained the carbs, drained the back carb, then the front, but nothing came out of the front carb??????
Threw some carb clean through it and now its' still doing it. Changed the front plug, no use.

Is there somethign I am forgeting????

Old 07-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Remove the drain screws or bowls from carbs and turn on your key & catch fuel/inspect/drain till clear. While you are at it might as well pull main jet and pilot jet & ensure no grit/trash is lodged in either one. Your filter requires clean and re-oil if its a K & N or Twin Air. Stock--refer to your Owners manual for clean/service.

Ensure all drain/vaccum lines from airbox snorkel and airbox are drained/not obstructed Also ensure no mud is caked around your plug/plugwires. May also want to pop your CVT cover. Drain if applicable and clean your belt/clutches.

Couple last things is pull your seat & blow dry all your fuse connections, relays, and airbox carb vents with low pressure compressed air source and inspect your engine oil; if its milky change oil & filter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry blawhorn, this is way off topic. I was wondering if you have ever been to richland furnace to ride. I was at your town sunday going to richland. we stopped at mcdonalds. If you havnt, it was fun, the trails off of the main trails that go to private land are the best.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have not been there yet. You need to watch, some of the guys that have the private land care, and some don't.

I usually do a lot of creek riding, but there are trails and mud holes along side the creek up through there. There are a few places I want to try, such as Wayne.

I need to get my sticker so I can go to Richland,

BTW, I drained the carbs, the front one would not drain, cleaned some crap out of it, and let it drip until it cleaned out, runs great now.