Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

king VS Brute

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Vs king

I have been debating over which one I should get first I wanted the king then sway toward the brute then back to the king and now back to the brute very hard. My riding style is like all year round, I will be using the atv for plowin and pulling freinds on sleds and havin fun in mud pits. I ride in snow and lot of mud open trials and tight woods also in a sand pit. The atv would be kept in a shed. The thing i don't like about the brute is I hear the airbox design is really bad and is debris gets in the motor it can cause lots of damage also the ti-rods are a concern. For the King Quad I hear it comes up short in the low range and has a delay. Also I hear It dives in turns and at fast speed the handling is twichy. I like to speed on the atv but I know some of you maybe be thinkin i should just get a sport but I want a 4x4 strong/ fast for mudding as well as speed. As for weather condition I live in Maine if any of those know the weather here ( the winters can be harsh ) but my honda got threw fine, will the brute cause it's also carb? If i ended up getting the king when will the 06 come out. If i got an 06 can i buy the black plastics and switch em ? If i got 4 rear maxxis 8 spokes rims will they stable the brute out ? PLEASE HELP ME I'M GOING CRAZY ! lol

Old 08-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default king VS Brute

On my Brute I put the ITP Type 4s/Mudlites on 1st, big improvement. I didn't really care for the Mudlite tire, as it was too noisy on hard pack. Now I am using the Type 7 wheels/Badland radials, I really prefer this set-up for my riding needs.
The air-intake can be fixed, no big deal here. The Tie-rods are weak but I didn't have to replace mine till 500 miles, then I went with the KTM265 tie-rods with the DiamondG tie-rod ends.
I also went the extra mile & installed a set of the WORKS steeler AT shocks, all 4, very nice & excellent results to handling & overall better control at any speed you desire to do.
Just recently I installed the Dyna CDI & WOW, well worth the $209 I paid for it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Click on the camera to the left to view my Upgraded Brute Force 750.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default king VS Brute

bfb750b is right about the cdi it almost feels doggy if you put the stock one back after I was really impressed how much the handling improved from stock tires to 27 mudlights then I was blown away by the mudlight xtrs you can add rims but with a good tire they are more for looks they do help but the tire is the important thing I think but i wouldnt mind a set on mine because they look awesome buy the brute put on a set of any rad tires and get the cdi and 1 hold on 2 just try and wipe the smile off your face because you cant every time you get to ride