Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kfx cams

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx cams

My buddy just had some cams put into his 700 v-force. I think they are hot cams not sure though. Is anyone else running these? how much diff did you notice top end? I think we have a little war going on as far as drag racing is concerned. He has the clutch kit, jet kit, daul exhaust, and a new cdi. I havent even picked my bike up yet and he has spent around 2 grand making sure i dont out run him. Are you guys happy with the cam upgrade? If you are i will let him know so he can sleep a little better at night LOL.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default kfx cams

bump

Old 08-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default kfx cams

Dude I couldn't tell you much about the KFX700 other than I've seen KFX400's beat them. I'm an all-out DS Fan. and from what you said I would take the top off of the air box and put a muffler and a jet kit on the DS before I picked it up. You'll give him a hell of a hard time though. From what Raptor's say the KFX700 is quick off the line to 2nd gear. You've got the fastest quad ultimately. You can go as far as 840 CC Big Bore with turbo and nos and I would guesstamate around 150 HP. But with this setup your looking at big bucks. My reply was mainly concerning:
I think we have a little war going on as far as drag racing is concerned.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx cams

Originally posted by: hellyeah
Dude I couldn't tell you much about the KFX700 other than I've seen KFX400's beat them. I'm an all-out DS Fan. and from what you said I would take the top off of the air box and put a muffler and a jet kit on the DS before I picked it up. You'll give him a hell of a hard time though. From what Raptor's say the KFX700 is quick off the line to 2nd gear. You've got the fastest quad ultimately. You can go as far as 840 CC Big Bore with turbo and nos and I would guesstamate around 150 HP. But with this setup your looking at big bucks. My reply was mainly concerning:
First of all you say that you've seen 400s beat 700s.Ive seen way more races the other way around.You see what you want to see.I will bet money that a ds with a pipe,jets,filter will NOT beat a piped 700 w/ clutch kit&cams NO WAY .Ive run dead even with one and I have no cams.Race one like mine and come back. Until then stop spreading lies.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default kfx cams

Originally posted by: mawcus
First of all you say that you've seen 400s beat 700s.Ive seen way more races the other way around.You see what you want to see.I will bet money that a ds with a pipe,jets,filter will NOT beat a piped 700 w/ clutch kit&cams NO WAY .Ive run dead even with one and I have no cams.Race one like mine and come back. Until then stop spreading lies.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well you take an equally equiped Bomb and blow the green shet to pieces. But You've got to think about the average person's budget everything I said was for him to start off with. If Bone1208 wants to put a cam and jet and clutch upgrade and aftermartket exhaust on his quad that KFX is gonna get raped.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default kfx cams

Bone1208 you gotta watch out for KFX700 owners the green on their quads does something to their thinking.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default kfx cams

[quote]
Bone1208 you gotta watch out for KFX700 owners the green on their quads does something to their thinking.[/

.DS's are badd quqds but you guys underestimate the V too much.Oh yeah mines orange and chicks love it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 08-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default kfx cams

I've listen so much about the V and no doubt they're bad too. especially everyone talking about the 700 leaving them off the line. But the Bomb is no joke. Especially when you consider it's potential. With the bombs so dominate in the races it's my Favorite and it stands up for itself.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default kfx cams

I witnessed my friends kfx 700 outrun a stock yfz450 3 out of 4 times before he put the cams on. It was by a bike link either way. Man that thing really screams. He used to get beat by everybody he raced until he found out he was not tuned properly. I agree though with an equally modded yfz he is about 4-5 bike lenghts behind in about 300'. I have a pipe,jet kit,cdi,and k&n air filter i will be putting on. If that doesnt work i will get the lectron 46 with full race intake. then we will both have about the same $$ in mods. Ill report back and give an honest non bias update.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kfx cams

Well I can tell you my Father has a KFX700 totally stock, and we've raced several times.

My '05 KFX400 is totally stock and the races are pretty much dead even. Of course I weigh about 50lbs more than he does, so I'm sure with a lighter rider my 400 would be a hair faster.

Off the line the 700 is a beast, but like all CVT tranny quads it runs out of pull after a while. I can run him down in 5th gear even if he starts in front of me.

I'm sure if you pipe and jet both machines it would again be very even.

Either way I find it impossible to believe any stock KFX700 would even touch a YFZ450. Even with a pipe and jet kit the YFZ would still stay in front.

Quick Reply: kfx cams