Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brnd New KFX700 - What should i modify

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brnd New KFX700 - What should i modify

Fundy can Probably settle your Appetite for HP.
You can always get Engine Stroked in addition to BBK or look at the new Bomb 800 for More CCs , Head, and Jug Choices.

Let us know what you end up with, HP & Torque, and how fast it is through 300 ft.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Check out Muzzys for exhaust. He is located here in Bend Oregon and has done some stuff for me the best I have seen. Also makes a nice system for the KFX.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Range Rover

If you are wanting to reach 115 MPH then you need a lot more then just motor work. The CVT will limit your top end speed...you can have all the HP you want but without a huge CVT modification of some type, you'll top out around 80...you'll just hit your top speed faster with the BBKs. What type of riding or racing are you planning on doing?

Old 09-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: KTM265
If you are wanting to reach 115 MPH then you need a lot more then just motor work. The CVT will limit your top end speed...you can have all the HP you want but without a huge CVT modification of some type, you'll top out around 80...you'll just hit your top speed faster with the BBKs. What type of riding or racing are you planning on doing?
Its going to be a drag quad. I just got it and i have the cash to spend. I do plan on getting the 785 BBK for it but that a little down the road. I took it to a 1/8 mile track a week ago and it pulled 69.87 M.P.H and a 5.83 in the 300 ft, but thats with me popping a wheelie for the people. It had a little room to go at the end so i am thinking they top out at around 73-75

Old 09-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

You are right on with your numbers on the top speed. Dalton Industries has done a lot with clutches with OD covers, springs...etc...I don't think they have reached that 100 MPH mark with their products. There is also a chain drive V-Force out there which would be the logical step if you are wanting that much speed however from what I heard, you can spend as much on that upgrade as you do buying a new V-Force off the showroom floor...My advice is to keep the drag race distance short and you'll be spanking the others out there with the modifications you are wanting to do. I personally am going to work on my flat track set up. I had pretty good success with it...did win but I held my own on a V Force with just a basic set up...shocks and used rear tires. I have a sway bar now, serious set of flat track tires and a lowering kit.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: KTM265
You are right on with your numbers on the top speed. Dalton Industries has done a lot with clutches with OD covers, springs...etc...I don't think they have reached that 100 MPH mark with their products. There is also a chain drive V-Force out there which would be the logical step if you are wanting that much speed however from what I heard, you can spend as much on that upgrade as you do buying a new V-Force off the showroom floor...My advice is to keep the drag race distance short and you'll be spanking the others out there with the modifications you are wanting to do. I personally am going to work on my flat track set up. I had pretty good success with it...did win but I held my own on a V Force with just a basic set up...shocks and used rear tires. I have a sway bar now, serious set of flat track tires and a lowering kit.
That brings up a question. where can i get a lowering kit for it? how much do they run? Yea i guess keeping the distances short is the best thing to do since the top end speed is terrible.. alot of power though, i wont complain.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Will drilling holes in my stock airbox let it breathe somewhat better

Old 09-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you are serious about that kinda speed you will need at least a new main spring. Go to www.700v.com This is a great website for anyone with a V Force. He has pictures and procedures for a lot of work on 700's. Also he has a super complete table of Clutch springs including those off snowmobiles. That is probably about the only type of spring that will get you to those speeds but remember the stall (how fast the motor revs before the clutch engages) You may hit that top speed with lets say a polaris snowmobile spring but you cant actually ride the bike anywhere at low speed. This guy also has a dynojet-Keihin conversion table. Also I saw a guy that mentioned the checking the swing arm for water intrusion. This guy has a solution for that too using freeze plugs for an engine block and shows you how to install grease plugs. This website is a must for all 700 owners.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

First mod :

Elka suspension all around!

Made my V a much different machine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

I think you'll need more then a clutch spring to get those types of speed but that website is a good start for specific clutch information and different spring rates...That is where I started with my clutch mods and for my applications I run the Dalton orange/blue spring. Ask around on every forum you can find. Clutch work can be expensive if you are trying to figure out the right set up for you. Let the experiance of others save you some money.

Suspension...Elka or Stadium/AIM Suspension. I have worked with both, it is a night and day difference in how the machine handles. Suspension upgrades are generally pretty expensive but it's money well spent.