Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Plowing question...hand job or no hand job...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plowing question...hand job or no hand job...

One more big group ride this weekend and then I have to get the plow mount back on to get ready for winter.

I have the winch this year, so I am debating using the winch for the plow or back to the hand control.
The hand control I would think seems quicker ???

Anybody got comments ???

Old 11-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

You may want to seriously consider changing the title of this post or these guys in here are going to eat it up.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've got a 60" moose plow on the prairie and use the warn to move it. There is a 48" cycle country with hand operation on the rancher 350. After plowing lots with both, the hand plow is my choice. If the winch cable didn't snap every 10 minutes with the winch, and if it offered the clearance the other did, I would change my mind.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 60" plow on my 700 im not sure how the front bumper hooks on the 360 i never had one on mine but on the 700 I have to take it off so it does not hit it gives you a couple more inches of clearance as for snapping cables rig up a pully for your cable 2 run in every storm i plow my dads my uncles an my driveway they all are good size driveways with no trouble all last winter running off a 2500 lb warn winch

Old 11-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have a cycle country 60" plow that came with a little electric motor.....it's nice, but I would just as soon have gotten a handle lift if they had one when I bought it. As you know, if you back out of the pile a little, the plow is not heavy to lift to start another run. You never have to worry about over-raising the plow and pulling the cable clip into the sheave. I have to watch out for that every lift. I'll probably continue to use the electric, but I really don't need it over the handle lift.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

both my buddy & I plow with our ATV's his 1st had the winch, this one the electric motor... mine has the "hand job"... I do alot of plowing... we have a 1/4 mile long driveway, & turn around loop up by the house... I think there are only a few things that the electric would be better , otherwise I think the hand operated unit is faster... I do wish I had an electric pitch control though... IMO, an electric pitch control & manual lift would just about be as good as it could get for plowing from an ATV... but my buddy likes the push the button feature of the electric lifts... I guess it's just what you get used to...

Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

thanks, think I am going to reinstall the hand pull unit. It does seeem quciker...I just have to relocate the pulley that goes on the front bumper, as the winch mounting bracket now takes up that spot...

this way when the snow comes, I will have both options on her and the decide....

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Old 11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a plow on my 500 rubicon and i use the button operated winch it is a little slow with the warn winch but is pretty handy cuz i dont have to get off in the knee deep snow.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Winch will take it up and down, but I will still have to jump off to change the plow angle.

Friend of mine just bought a Moose plow and he is using his winch. The Moose guy told him, go with the winch since it is already hooked up...

I guess I will play it by ear and see which I prefer...

...lots of great comments, thanks!

Old 11-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

i have a cycle country 60" for the brute. i just connect the winch hook the the push tube via a threaded d-ring or the chain links you thread up to close. it works great, just as fast as the hand jobber, plus i didnt have to buy the hand lift which saved me some money. plus i think it raises up higher with the winch rather than the handlift..

Quick Reply: Plowing question...hand job or no hand job...