Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Straight vs Angled plow

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight vs Angled plow

Has anyone had experience with both types of plows? American Eagle and Moose both seem to carry a straight blade or a "county" angled blade type of a plow. I am not sure of the advantages of one over the other and I would like some advice. Also, these are the two brands that I am looking at and I would like the brand that has the least amount of ground clearance lost when the plow mount is attached and the plow is off of the machine. I am hoping to buy a plow this evening so any help would be appreciated, plus if anyone knows of where to get a good deal that would be great. Thanks

Old 12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

If you are plowing large areas like a parking lot or a long driveway, get the angled or county plow cause it throws the snow further just like the plows on a highway dept. truck. If you're just doing driveways in town just stick with the regular straight blade because you don't get enough speed up to make the county plow work properly. With the county plow you need to use speed to make it work, so if you don't have a long or large area to use it on. Save your money and stick with the straight blade.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

i have the moose county blade and now i kinda wished i had the straight blade. the angled plow has to weigh more because of the extra metal in the blade, and if you need to angle to the left the plow does not work as well. i do not plow fast enough to throw snow very far, if i hit a crack in the conrete it is an abrupt halt. maybe i'll get the mount kit for the brute and then like it better. it is not a bad plow, i just think the straight plow would work better for me. i plow sidewalks and driveways, no big areas.

monty

Old 12-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Cycle Country angle left/right/straight. The two mounting brackets bolt below my foot rests and extend down about 2". Different strokes, I like being to angle either way, hardly ever use straight angle.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Did you get a plow already? If not, I wanted to add that the manual lift works as good or better than electric motor or winch imo. I have the electric motor, 5' plow, little electric motor, but only because they didn't sell the manual lift.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer

i like the kimpex it mounts in 15 sec. i think the tusk plow is the same

Old 12-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Range Rover

I am probably going to get the American Eagle 60" plow from my dealer. He can get it for me for around $380 for everything I need. I think that I will like the American Eagle set up, it looks to have a good quick-connect system that doubles as a skid plate when the plow isnt on. Anyone have experience with American Eagle plows??

Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an American Eagle 60" straight plow on an 05 prairie 700. Plow is well built and easy to take on and off.
Quad has no problem pushing a foot of snow along my 400ft driveway. I think American Eagle is a very good choice.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

I just used my 5' angled plow for the first time this year after buying it last year. I had a 4' straight plow and I like them both. I like the angle plow because it kicks the snow as others describe, but I like the straight plow, because of its size. It fit most sidewalks when at an angle. The tapered plow is too big for normal sidewalks, but works great for small parking lots. I have a landscape business with 3 plow trucks and I use the ATV whenever I can. Determine your use and go for it. It's the only time the police don't bother you going down the public streets and its an excuse to ride your ride. Good Luck!!!

Old 12-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

BTW, take it from experience...when you are done for the season, de-install the plow mount. I didn't and banged the one I had all to hell. So I had to de-install it anyway and buy another one. Better safe than sorry. Also, I had to custom drill the skid plates to get the mount on.