Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 / White Bros. Carbon Pro 2 into 1 / Dynojet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 / White Bros. Carbon Pro 2 into 1 / Dynojet Kit

Everyone:

I just installed my Xmas present to myself! I am now the proud owner of the White Bros. Carbon Pro two into one exhaust. It installed quickly with no problems. Along with the pipe, I installed a Dynojet jetting kit for the KFX 700. I followed the instructions and it seems to run just fine. My question is why are the Dynojet mainjets smaller than the stock? I installed the DJ 124 main in the front and the DJ 128 in the back (per the instructions for my altitude sea level to 3000'). After reading some of the posts here, it looks like I should be running a Keihin 140 / 142 set up. Are these DJ mains I installed equal to these Keihin? By the way, I also installed a K&N filter too.

Any help on this jetting thing would be helpfull. Next will be the Blue/Orange spring and Dalton cover. Thanks for the help!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider

Dynojets number/flow rate are different from keihin. Right now your equal to 138/142 keihin. Depending on where you are I would try dynojet 128/132 or 130/134. The carbon pro is a high flowing pipe. If you want to get the most from it you could install the largest jets that came in your kit. Then drill 1-1" hole in your airbox lid in the front of it and go try it. If it still is running rich up top then drill another hole and so on till your top end is running good. You arent getting anywhere near the full benifits of the pipe without a modded airbox. One of the best setups is 12 1" holes in the lid or 18 1" holes if you want to add univents to the hole. You will need larger dynojets than your kit has for this setup but if you want more t hey are available through dynojet for $2 a piece. Hope this helps.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info! I did not mention in my earlier post, I did change the needles from stock to the Dynojet tapered needles and adjusted the air screws to 2 1/2 turns out from seated. After reading your post, I thought I would see what the stock main jets were I took out, 135 Front / 140 rear. Based on the new Dynojet mains, it doesn't appear that I increased very much. In your experience, should I bump the mains a couple of more sizes? I am planning on leaving the airbox lid stock. What do you think?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

*** By the way, where did you get the info on the Dynojet mains vs. the Keihin mains? ***

Old 12-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Each quad is different but I'm guessing with a stock airbox you still may want to try the next size or 2 up in your dynojet kit. Pay very close attention to the sound and performance of the bike while your testing it. If performance increase then try going up another size, if performance starts to feel a litle dogish then drop back down a size. Go wide open for 1/4-1/2 mile and kill your throttle while wide open. Pull your plug, should be a nice tan color. Jetting takes time and patience but def worth it when you get it spot on.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

With a K&N & the carbon pro I ended up with a 150 front & a 152.5 rear main & the fuel screws at 2 3/4 turns out, Those were kiehin #'s though have to check the chart for the dj conversion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

Not sure on your model but I did mine with a EGT meter for each cylinder. Or should I say I watched as the tech did mine with the EGT meter. Made a world of difference.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just a question, should the titanium header pipes turn blue? The would mean the motor is running a little lean or hot, right? Anyway, if someone has a comment, I would sure like to hear it!

Thanks

(Merry Christmas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 12-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is a picture of my vforce with carbon pro pipe installed. Still working on the jetting will probably go up one more size on the mains.

Click here for picture

Old 12-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Ti pipes will turn blue at the front of the header then blend to purple & then to gold towards the end, pefectly normal for Ti pipes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-26-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

yeah the clor change is normal, whats nice about ti is it changes color but stays shiny unlike stainless which changes color but goes dull.

Quick Reply: KFX 700 / White Bros. Carbon Pro 2 into 1 / Dynojet Kit