Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Opinions on ITP MudliteXTRs....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on ITP MudliteXTRs....

They be mounted on my Brute 750.Probably the 26" size. Just looking for general experience opinions...Thanks!

Old 01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have them on my Prairie, I've used them mostly in the snow and they work excellent. I used them in the mud only for a few rides while it was brand new so I kind of took it easy. I can't wait to get out in the spring now that I'm hooked on my 4X4. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I found them to be pretty shaky going fast (90km)on fire roads, but I'm comparing the ride to my Elka suspended V-Force. I plan to get a set of Holeshot ATR's for that kind of riding.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

I too am pretty seriously considering some Mudlite XTRs. Only concern is everyone says they are pretty heavy. I can't find any actual weights published anywhere for them, and yesterday I sent an e-mail request to ITP asking for weights (I'm thinking about the 25", with the 12" rim size though). If they respond to me, I'll try and post the weights here. I really don't do any serious heavy-duty mudding, so I might be better off just going with some Holeshots for my BF750. I don't want to lose a lot of top end speed, and am looking for the improved handling that everyone says they get from radials. Another radial I've considered is the D.U. Wetlands or Carlisle ACT XL/R (I guess they are the same tire). I also asked ITP for the weights of those, so I can compare to the XTRs.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

With just a quick Google search to see what the tires you were talking about looked like, I think I'll take a better look at the Badland radial as well. It looks like it may have better mud capabilites than the Holeshot, but still offer a smoother ride.

Edited to allow for my lack of intelligence. D'oh!

Old 01-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, seems like I've heard some good things about those too (must also be called Carlisle Badlands XTR). I think I read somewhere that the fronts are 3 ply and the rears are 6 ply. vs. 6 ply both front and rear for the Holeshots. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I think I would appreciate the added puncture resistance of the 6 ply for my Brute, if it only adds a few lbs per front tire. Anyways, I found weights on the 25" Carlisle Badlands to be 15 lbs for the fronts, and 20 and 21 lbs for rears in 10" and 11" width, respectively (saw this on tiresunlimited.com). Still no reply from ITP to give weights of the others I was inquiring about, but I'll let you know if I hear anything.