Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anyone here from north Georgia?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here from north Georgia?

Reason I am asking, I need some help. A few of my buddies and I are trying to plan our "man trip" for the summer. We are looking into North Georgia because of the fishing. We will be taking bass boats and our quads wherever we go, and we are trying to find a rustic log cabin rental somewhere where we can enjoy it all. the further away from other people the better off we are. If anyone has any ideas on cabin rentals where we can bass fish and do some off-roading I would love to hear them. Thanks

Old 02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Check out www.durhamtown.com I have riden there several times and the trails are great. I know they have three fishing lakes although I don't know if you can put your boat in the water there? Several rustic cabins for rent but you will need to resurve them early on. Check out the site you won't be disapointed. Let me know what you think. Who knows I may just ride up on you all.

Mud

Old 02-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Look at the ORV website for Ga. If you want to be in N. Ga. you could easily get a cabin and be within a few miles of trails and lakes to fish..

Old 02-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Durhamtown is OK, we went and i don't think they have as many trails for quads as they say they do. we rode all of their trails and it didn't take that long either.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

madmuddin cool pics where did you find all that water at durhamtown? when we went everything was dried up and they had signs that said we couldnt go down in the creeks and swampy areas they were all marked off

Old 02-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

E.S. We were at durhamtown last, on July 4th weekend and Fathers day weekend. all the trails were open for us during that time except one in July leading to one of the swimming lakes. I found that they have trails on both sides of the road but the swamp is on the side opposite from the lodge and to the left off the main inlet branch. To the far right opposite of the lodge there are some really good mud trails (ride with a good winch.)

Mike (the owner) took a lot of flack about a year ago about being bike friendly and not atv friendly. He had lost a lot of buisness during this time and realized very quickly that he needed to open more trails to the 4-wheeler crowd. I believe he has been adding more and more trails to accomodate us because he realized thats where his real money is at. I have heard a lot of diffrent stories about how it use to be but our experiences have always been good ones.

I agree, I have not been anywhere yet that had enough trails to ride. But, my wife just informed me that our group is planning a trip to Coal Creek in Tennesee in a couple of weeks. (SMILES) I have heard that you can get very lost in there. Some of my partners will have gps systems and I have heard we will need them for all the trails. Have you been there yet?

Mud