Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vdi copperhead or moose module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vdi copperhead or moose module?

what is the better buy?

Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Those two are at totally diff. ends of the spectrum. Do you know what they are? How much do you want to spend?

The Moose Module sells for around $100 and all it does is take out the factory de-tunning. It gives you more power till about 5mph. I have this on my bike and it made for easier wheelies. It is a plug and play thing. Of all the MODULES I think it is the best.

The VDI is a programmer that costs around $300. It comes with a pre- set setting or you can customize it yourself. It is mainly for those who have done mods to the engine such as cams, etc... It will make alot of difference to a stock engine though, makes alot more power at all speeds.

There is also a Dynatek CDI that is $200 that you plug in and will do the same as the VDI. Is comes with ony one setting and but you cannot customize anything. How it comes from the factory is how you role with it. This is probably the better deal if you are not going into the engine and adding a bunch of mods.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Trailblazer

although I have the moose module, if you have an extra 200 bucks, get the vdi. the moose just lets you light em up out of the hole and thats it, fun though. it makes wheelies simple. if i had it to do over , id get the vdi. kinda depends on what you want to do with it. if you just want fun in the hole, the moose is fine. if you get more mods done or plan on it, get the copperhead.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Trailblazer

Have you looked at the Dynatek CDI?

Old 03-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All comes down to what you want and need in extra power.
The Moose Module is what it is as stated in these other post.
The VDI Copperhead is an all-out-hot rod CDI, awesome piece of engineering and you will have to fork over the green bills to get one.
The Dyna CDI is so-so on a BF750i as it has a engine miss at the 7-11mph range, at least mine did.
After I sold the disappointing Dyna, I went with the Moose, simply to install. For me, the added power on the low end is more of a need and for $93 bucks shipped to my front door it was an excellent buy.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

What bike do you have B200? You might put that in your sig so when you ask a question people can give you a specific answer to your bike.

It is true that some of the BF750s have a miss at a certain speed with the CDI. This can be correct most of the time by turning the a/f screw 1/2 turn or by having your bike jetted with a Jet Kit. Not all bikes have this problem though. I am personally about to get a CDI. There are no reports that I have seen where the miss showed up on the P700s or BF650s.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This miss is only a problem on the BF750, mine was already rejetted to perfector, so I didn't want to mess with the jetting. All in all and for what I am doing with my BF, the Moose is fine for now. In the Future I may just go ahead and get the Copperhead, it is well worth the xtra dollars.

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey im looking to get a programmer but alot of people are telling me including the dealership that they mess ur computer up. i even received a fax from kawasaki that says the moose programmer as well as others mess up the speedo, and the engagement of 4wd. any input to this.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I just got my Moose module and it does exactly what it says it will do. It will stand straight up now easier than it did with stock tires. I have not tried the Dyna or VDI, but if they make this kinda power through out the powerband, the 750 is an even bigger brute than I thought.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to get off the topic for a sec, but where is everybody getting their moose modules from. I want to get my old man one for xmas and need to know where to get one for the best price.

Quick Reply: Vdi copperhead or moose module?