Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CDI OR VDI

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDI OR VDI

I was looking into getting the cdi or the vdi (cooperhead) Which one would Ya'll recommend and what is the diff??

Old 04-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Range Rover
Default CDI OR VDI

The Copperhead uses multi spark discharge (MSD)for ignition for more efficient fuel burn and power output. The Dynatek doesn't have MSD. The Copperhead advances the timing to 35 degrees and the Dyna is 33, this produces a touch more horsepower. The Copperhead is fully programmable with software and can be switched between 2 timing maps at one time. There also many other differences. Check out the Copperhead on www.velocitydevices.com.

Basically with the Copperhead you are paying more because it is a better product, but the Dyna will provide substantial increases and is still a decent product if you get one that works. I have tried both, the VDI is a superior product and the second run of the product is supposed to be even better.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default CDI OR VDI

Word is that the vdi igniter pulls harder in low and mid range. Also takes care of some starting problems. Great little company. Web site 'Velocity Devices'. Email Lyle with any questions - it's a family business, honest and reliable, guarantees their stuff.

Dynatek has a cdi, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't - they stand behind their stuff too, but sometimes it's a trading game to get a good one. If you get one that works, it will liven up your unit, no doubt.

Basically, I agree with what MadLT had to say.