Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

v-force mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v-force mods

Hi everybody. I just got back into riding after a shoort break and bought a 04 v-force 700. I raced a few of my friends who have 400 suzukies with big gun exhaust and was able to beat them by several lenghts from a 10mph role to top speed. The top speed of the two seem to be similar. Does anyone know the top speed of a stocker. I want to do some basic mods and was wondering about what type of experience people had with different pipes, chips, intakes and jetting, as well as spring selection. I ride a lot of sand and flat land as well as a little MX. I want more top end hp and speed as well as keeping a respectable amount of bottom end. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default v-force mods

Well , i have hmf duals and epi pink spring with no shims and right now im running the stock air filter and on top end it pulls away from both the 450r and yfz with stock gearing which im not gonna lie surprises the hell outta me because both of them are supposed to be around 78mph stock. I have a stock cdi box and it bounces off the rev limiter when its topped out. i havent had a gps so the only accurate thing i know of is that in a 1000 ft drag last week i ran 76mph and was still pulling a little and hadnt hit the limiter. But i do have the spring and the duals so..... With my current setup i have beaten a yfz and 450r 700r and piped banshee and all 400s... i have beaten everything. But you are gonna have to get at least the pipes and the spring to do it well.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default v-force mods

The first mod is buy an after market clutch spring. If you want to keep the stall close to stock I would recomend the EPI pink or Dalton blue these are good for trail riding. These both keep the stall low and really help in the higher speeds. If you want more stall the Dalton orange/blue works well it is good for drag racing and sand allot of people say they get allong well with it on trails too. These are cheap easy mods the EPI springs are under $20 the Daltons are arround $30.

The exaust Muzzy makes the most power on a stock bore motor and has a reasonable price not too loud either. If you want duals HMF's are verry popular but are loud also reasonable price.

Intake mods the best mod is to drill 12 1 inch holes in the air box lid 3 on each side but is only effective with after market exaust. The best air filter is the Twin Air power flow kit. When rejetting don't bother with a jet kit if you do the 12 hole mod the jets are too small and the needles don't fit well and makes it impossable to jet right. Just order stock Kehin jets from sudco.com with the 12 hole mod and after market exaust 180 front and 185 rear is a good place to start order a few bigger and a couple smaller. Stock is 135f and 140r.