Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default drag racing

Originally posted by: fastrthnu
Yeah the brute is pretty quick, but at the track (1/4 mile) i only hit a top speed of aroun 109 mph. But i haven't run the bike for a couple of weeks now.

Dang 11.6 @ 109mph, that sucker must really fly in the second 1/8th.

A Ducati 900SS will only run a 11.61 @ 114.45. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag racing

Most of my speed is picked up before the 1/8 mile. The reason i think i get such a good time, is because i have such a good take off. and the bike just pulls all the way down the track.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing

Do you have any time slips or vids? What tires are you using for these runs? Do you keep the stock fenders on when you run these speeds? Which way do you have the 6*key installed? Sorry for all the questions but this smells fishy.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing

Yeah man my bro has a couple of the time slips and i think we should has some on video. when we run it we put some slicks and runners, and we do not have any weight reduction. About your question of the offset key i am not to sure, most of the work was done at the shop. and no problem with the questions bro.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default drag racing

What do you mean by the 16 psi job?

Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing

Tinman76,
That means that the turbo on my brute is pushing 16 pounds of boost.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default drag racing

What kind of fuel do you run? With 16psi of boost your static compression ratio would be insainly high. Some where around 20:1 give or take. With that kind of compression what do you use to keep the heads from blowing off or to keep the crank from breaking?

Old 06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing

i use the racing stuff from our local track. its the VP 100+ octane racing fuel. and i have no damn idea what they did to keep everything from blowing up, which is why i didnt do the work myself. rather than kill myself my folks paid for all the major stuff to get done by professionals. all i know is that the thing hasnt let me down yet and its holding together pretty well. but it did cost about a nut and a half to install everything.... at least thats what my dad said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag racing

No offense, but something does smell fishy here. Some videos or time slips need to shown here or I am raising the B.S. flag. No way the Brute with all those mods if faster than the Ducati 900SS as pointed about by Freebird. There just aint no way...maybe once then the $hit will come flying apart.

A Hayabusa will run 9 second 1/4 miles in the hands of someone seasoned and over 10 for a novice. A non turbo Hayabusa will smoke a turboed Brute. 1300cc. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Nuff said.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing

well bubba its not my fault your bike sucks. maybe someday you'll have the means to do this to your own bike, its not my fault your parents dont love you enough to buy you cool stuff. if you know anyone from the RGV feel free to ask them about the quick brute. i know just about everyone down here has heard of or seen my bike. at least the regular track goers have. but i know you have your doubts just like im sure a lot of people on this site do. but hey if you really think my bike is a load of bs then why dont you make a trip down the edinburg track. maybe you can put your money where your mouth is and call my bluff, heck we can even go on pinks if you're willing to go heads up and lose that bigwheel of yours. until then keep your whinning to yourself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] and sorry if im coming off as being an Ahole but this stuff gets annoying. if you dont believe me then thats your own problem, i really dont give a rats behind what think.

Quick Reply: drag racing