Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

More CDI Questions (Sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More CDI Questions (Sorry)

I have an 05 Brute Force 750. I am experiencing the off idle to 12mph engine sputter/stumble. If I nail it, the stumble seems to go away, or rather I reach 12mph quickly and the stumble goes away. My bike is stock except for mudlites on the stock wheels and a uni air filter. I am not really all that concerned about top end speed. Most of my riding is on trails and hills at local Iowa ATV parks. I've never had the quad above 40mph. Never had a straight away long enough to get above that. So my question is this. What CDI should I get to get rid of that sputter/stumble from just off idle to @ 12mph? Is the Moose module all I need? Is this module plug and play with no messing with the carbs?

IF, (that is an "if" with empasis :&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) I were to go with a copperhead, would that remove the sputter at low speed and give me more top end with no engine/carb modifications??

Yeah, I know, there are buttloads of forum discussions on this subject. But I have not found one that applies to exactly my bike and my situation. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

The vdi works really good with noticeable power gain without rejetting.I believe it would get rid of the stumble you are talking about.I have one I am selling that is 4 months old.I paid 400. 00 for it and I will ship it for 275.00 shipping included.I have pic's if you want them.It would work great for the riding you do.Let me know if you are interested.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

The low speed miss can be fixed in a number ways:
1) Take it to the dealer and complain about back firing through the carb. They should change out the needles and jets under a Kawasaki TSB.
2) Rejet using the dynojet.
3) Rejet and add the Copperhead VDI (my favorite).
4) Add the Copperhead VDI.
5) Ride at higher elevations, 5000-7000 Feet. It's jetted lean from the factory.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The copperhead is perfect for the 750BF. The dynatek works better with the 650 Vtwins. They both give you the same amount of power. (About 5hp)