Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Continued from "new Moose Module" and the needle valve TSB.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continued from "new Moose Module" and the needle valve TSB.

To those new to this particular thread. I ordered and installed the Moose module with minimal success. My BF 750 still spits and sputters at low speeds. Everyone told me of this TSB on the needle valves. I called my local dealer and talked to the guy in service. He said to bring the bike in and they would be glad to install the new needle valve which should richen up the mixture a touch and get rid of the problem (No charge). He also said it would run a bit cooler too. Then he also recommended I install engine ice which he claimed would make it run about 20 degrees cooler. The only down side is he said he is about three weeks behind and would probably need the bike for at least four days to fix it. I decided to look around a little and try finding a local shop that can do the work right away. The good thing is he recognized the TSB right away and seemed very knowledgable about the problem.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a decent dealer. Unless you need it now, I would wait 4 days to get it done free at the dealer.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer

ALZATV,
I would agree with MadLT. The dealerships that usually have a wait are the good dealerships that everyone is trying to get in to. With my own experience the dealerships that were able to get me in right away (same day or within 1-2 days) are the ones that I would never go back to. Obviously there are exceptions to good dealerships getting you in fast, but as a rule of thumb most good ones are very busy during the peak season's for bikes/quads in the summer and sleds in the winter.
I would make your appointment and just ride it until the day you need to bring it in and leave it for the 4 days. I just dropped my BF 750 off today for an appointment I made almost 2 weeks ago. Great dealership but the wait always sucks!

Old 07-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

You guys make a very good point. I guess I will suck it up and wait the 4 days. Thanks for the feedback!