Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

UPDATE: Kodiak gone/brute 3 days

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: Kodiak gone/brute 3 days

Ok fellers, i have 3 years to wait, ok i mean 3 days to pick up my Hunter Woodsmen Green 650i........I think yall will agree that translates into 3 years. I could have gotten it for $6499 with the no winch credit, but i must have a winch, so it became $6699. Then theres the $400 sales tax.....the labor charge for the $69.95 winch...and you get the picture ugh lol. I know nobody really cares, but hey im excited. The dealership thats 30miles north took the kodiak and paid the $4grand off hell yes. Anyway good ridin ill post when i get it har har. -joe

Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

have fun

Old 07-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats man, youll have a great ride. Well worth the 3 year wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Range Rover

Hell yea! lol, actually i got on the ball and didnt have to wait til tomorrow morning to get it. I picked it up at 6:30 friday evenin. I absolutely love it. Got a few questions for the folks who've already had theirs for a bit.
1) What has been yalls fuel economy per tank average?
2) Does the bf have servo moto belt clutch engagement(the lil motor on top of the belt case, winds in and out constantly, k ind of annoying heh.)
3) AND, what have yall been regulating as break in? About 20-25 hours varied throttle i figured, gemme thoughts.
So far im vastly impressed, i had a 98 sportsman 500 so i know what the king plush of ride is, but i dont get some of the complaints about the bf suspension, it was quite plush, much better than i acutally expected it to be. Cannot wait til its broken in so i can get in the gas a little bit, time to waste my buds grizz 660 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol good ridin fellas

Old 07-22-2006, 05:09 AM
Pro Rider

break it in hard ride it like you always will and you'll come out with more power! break in period is crucial if you baby it it wont have all the juice it could have had. vary the throttle but dont be worried about winding it out a little bit.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 AM
Range Rover

OK, Since friday night i have logd 76 miles on me brute 650i. All i can say is what a piece of crap yall. I mean to tell ya, what was kawasaki thinking? Make a 4wheeler that the front tires wont stay on the ground and the driver cant hang on it either? Sheez what morons........coughs.....anyone have a tooth comb? I cant seem to get the bugs out of my teeth from the wind keepn my lips pushed apart. Jokes aside, im thoroughly impressed with the plushness of ride, and besides the naysayers rantin about bf handling, my 650 handles great, great enough my best bud is goin to pick him up one tuesday hopefully, lol hes gettn 750 since the ole grizz is a rovin pile of poo now lol, just has to out do me. I have yet to standing start floor it, waitin fer a few more miles of break in. i have however, very easily shot up to 62mph with girlfriend aboard roostin on his 660 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SOMEONE please answer this lol
1) THE ELECTRIC MOTOR ON THE BELT CASE: Does it engage and disengage the clutch at low rpm, i noticed when decelerating it will let the brute keep rollin at idle then it kicks in and it will stop, info please. lol good ridin fellas, i love this thing -joe

Old 07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

thats your engine braking system, it does its own thing lol dont have to worry unless it ever just quits as for your bud, he's going to be pretty mad.... stock brute 650 will smoke the 750 in the holeshot (keep it at about 200ft). but the 750 has more mid and top end.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

i have 650 miles on my 650i and i like it just like you like yours. there is no handling issue. well, mine has one. i took the rear sway bar off for the rock, and that makes it a little interesting at higher speeds. but the 650i is one of those machines that just work right.

monty

Old 07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

Do you guys know why the 650i keeps getting a bad rap on it's handling capabilities? Is it because people don't know it is a new bike? or is it because people think it was never upgraded? Any thoughts or facts to set the record straight, Please , thanks kk

Old 07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

i think part of it is the stock tires, and the other part is very few people out there have ridden a 650i, but think it is the same as the 750.

another reason is the handling is all the trolls have to attack the Brutes, and they are not willing to give that up.lol

monty

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Kodiak gone/brute 3 days