Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

pink spring question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pink spring question

Just installed epi pink spring in and was woundering what i should expect for performance, I felt the stock sping worked well but everyone said to change it ,also when puting it back together as long as i lined up the 2 arrows 1 on the spring cover and 1 on the weight holder everything should be fine right, ran quad with cover off and everything looked good and ran fine ,also with the pink spring do you lose any mid range power or is it the same as stock and just gives you more top end .thanks

Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

i ran the pink for a while in my brute, but took it back out because i diddn't like the added stall. i diddn't do in-depth testing, but it seemed to perform almost exactly the same as the stock 650i primary spring (which is natural color with a pink stripe down it) except for the stall.
i think the arrows and the proper torque on the bolts is all there is to it. i don't have an inch-pound torque wrench so i had to guess till i get one.

our machines are quite a bit different, so we will need different springs. i guess that means my input doesn't really help much.

monty

Old 07-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the help but need v owners awnsers . no stall with pink for me same as stock it is everything else i am looking for awnsers

Old 07-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Range Rover

the pink spring or something similar should have bin the the stock V,,spring But its not exactly a performance spring the stock spring is rated approx 0/122 while the pink is rated at 0/161 if u expect anything more then a mild performance increase from a spring with 0 stall your going to be disappointed and your surely not going to be a threat,,Stall is the revving of the mortor to cetain RPM, befor the belt engages and the quad moves some springs offer instant engagement while drag race spring may stall over 5000,rpm,,would u be better with a spring that has stall u do if u want to win a drag race even a friendly one against your buddies stall will enable you to break your wheels loose a little in stead of steading of the front end up and you will get to your max rpm quicker..hope this will help

Old 07-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

justgo thanks for the info but will i get anymore top end speed that is what i was told it would do not looking for any stall i like the way it takes off now.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

You won't get any more top speed out of changing your spring. Once the belt travels to to the top of the sheaves, it's done. The spring can only help change the amount of time it takes for the belt to get to the top. If you want more top speed, you can send your clutch to vforcejohn to have your sheaves machined to let the belt travel farther to the top. You can contact John through the kawierider site.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

What- vtwiner said u would have to get the clutche done.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

One more question , will i see any less mid performance going up hills nevery really had a problem with stock sping so not sure what to expect with new one .thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Range Rover

the pink spring has no added stall, it only has added shiftout.

Quick Reply: pink spring question