Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie

I am looking at the '07 Prairie 360 4x4. I am female, 5'6", and 190#. Just plan to do some recreational trails, nothing too fast or steep. may install a back seat for a passenger. What do all u exp. people think? Should I be able to get it under the $5199. dealer price?
Thanks..Cindy

Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Prairie

idk about price...as a matter of a fact i dont know much bout that quad at all but i do know it has no top end...i think it does about 40 MAX

Old 08-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Prairie

It is a great mid size quad. The top speed of my brothers 360 prairie 4x4 is about 45mph. That doesn't sound fast, but it does the job. The low end power is what makes this prairie shine. From start to about 30mph, the power is very good. Then it starts tapering off. But, if you are trail riding, it is great. And, for what you get for the price, it is a great buy......shift on the fly 4wd.......progressive front differential locker.... front disc breaks.....back multi-sealed break....automatic tranny with high and low range ( the low range with the nice low end power is great...it actually has over 1100 lbs towing, which is good for that size machine.)

I personally believe you can't go wrong with this quad. My brother is 5'10" and 205lbs and it does great for him. He also has one of those cargo boxes with a seat built in and his sons will ride with him. The oldest (13) weighs about 120lbs and it has nil effect on the quad when riding with his dad.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Prairie

Sounds like a perfect atv for you. I love mine, Does everything well. I can do some crazy rough terrain on mine. As long as you use LOW gear when you are going slow(15 mph or lower), pulling, mudding, pushing, and for slow trail rides you will be fine. You wont have any belt probs. Good luck

Old 08-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Prairie

oh thanks guys--sounds like a good choice. is there any way to negotitate with the asking price?
CINDY

Old 08-09-2006, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Prairie

Cindy
I ride a 360 and my wife rides a 300 and for the money you cannot go wrong. One of the biggest selling points of the prairies for us was the comfort of the ride. I have owned hondas and ridden many other brands and they were all nice 4 wheelers but you can't beat the comfort of a prairie in my book. Also the handling in tight trail systems is superb. It is not a fast bike but very seldom is there a place we ride that you want or can get the bikes at top speed due to the terrain. We both have Tamarak boxes on the back of our bikes and I installed handles for my youngest daughter to hold on to something when we ride. She usually just kicks back and makes everyone think that the bike was made just for her to relax on. Check out my pictures I think you can see them well enough in them.

Also, when I bought my wifes 300 it is a 2002 and I bought it in 2004. The dealer had knocked quite a bit off of the asking price because he had it so long. I had intended to buy a 360 but the money saved on the 300 made me go that route. Check with some diffrent dealers to see if they have any 4 wheelers that have been in there showroom a while you might gain something by shopping around a little.

Let us know when your riding,
Mud

Old 08-09-2006, 04:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Prairie

well we have a 2wd drive praire that we got around $4000 and it goes 48-50!! depends on wind!! i can look the preice up and see cuz i think that 5199 would be a good deal 4 a 4x4 and can i say they praire has so mmuch low end torque !! u can pull so much with it!! the low on it is low !! in low ull probely get up to 7-10 miles an hour and it will be relly high rpms !! the high on it is actullay pretty good! u relly dont have to switch it in low that offend but ill try to see wat a good price is!!MUDDIN2

Old 08-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Prairie

well i went to the kawisaki website and well it say 5199 but at the delear u can probely get it lower than that but instead of getting a 06 u might want to get and 05 because the 04 05 06s are basicaly the same thing and if u get and 05 they will be cheaper!!

Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Prairie

Thanks a lot guys---I am gonna check a few dealers and see who can give me the best deal. What about asking them to throw in a helmet & cover w/ the sale?

Old 08-10-2006, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Prairie

Cindy,
Everything is negocible, Make them throw in something for nothing. I got a helmet for my daughter when I bought my wifes 300 and they knocked $50.00 off the Tamarak box as well. If they really want the sale they will give you something. I know, I sold Matco tools for several years.
Mud

Quick Reply: Prairie