Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV

What a sad waste of a young life. According to the links he appeared to be a young man preparring for his future. I really feel for the famialy and friends. I try not to jump to conclusions but if the person or persons who put the chain there were doing it in an attempt to hurt someone to keep them from riding I hope they are prosicuted to the full extent of the law. I have been on a few deer leases where we had a cable across the road as a gate but they were always marked and had signs on them. I hope something similar wasn't the case here and he didn't see it for whatever reason. Either way it's a sad and tradgic loss of life.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: bruteforcebob
I've seen for myself people who are angry at atv'ers stringing 30lb test fishing line through the trees to stop the riders and then the riders are seriously injured. 30mph and 30lb test could cut your head off. its a horrible thing for people to be doing. I can somewhat understand land owners doing something about people riding on thier property if they dont allow it but nothing that could kill someone. if I ever saw someone doing this I would make shure they wouldnt ever be able to tie a knot again.
BFB
Same here...it hurt somebody I know

Old 09-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

Its a shame in AMERICIA you have to watch your back so closely just because some people think something is wrong my prayers are with his family.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Don,t be naive, that boy was murdered anyone who ties wire across a trail is trying to kill someone, a cowardly act. My heart goes out to the boy,s family.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

Captain...................this is the accident that I was writing about. In the paper today, I read his obituary. It said that he survived childhood cancer, just to be killed like this. UNBELIEVABLE.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Range Rover

this is a story that happened a few years back but still terrible and similar. a 15 that lived down the road from me worked all summer to buy his first quad a new suzuki z 400 with cash, he went and pick it up. since being new with the quad he wanted to get used to it to ride befor riding with his friends. he took it across the street down a dirt path. the farmer of the path had a wire across the trail with just a bottle hanging on it low to the ground. the kid was later found by two friends who stopped by his house to see the quad and were told he just left down that trail, and they rode their bmxs bike down and found his body

Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, this is rally tragic. Everybody, please wear protective gear at all times. Please prepare for any accidents.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

My prayers go out to anyone who is involved in this act of harm...All people on atv's do (most of them)just want to ride not cause trouble and all you have to do is put up signs or have a talk with them not put up wire and kill them thats stupid I say eye for an eye...A while back my friend was riding with a helmet luckily and he came across fishing line in a trails of unwelcoming bystanders and luckily the line hit the helmet and just knocked him off the bike and then someone else came out another time and pounded on my friends quad and tried to get all their names and adresses and it wasn't even his property but he built a wall made out of concrete on township porperty not even his...Another incident was that a neighbor took off down the street(illegal) and some guy chased him down on a motorcycle but couldn't catch him...All these people are just cowards and should be locked up in jail or have the same done to them and see how they like it instead of waste the publics money to let them sit and waste our money to live for something they did. Be careful when you guys ride and always keep an eye open and hope poeple would think before they took action for once.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone that has atv probs. on their property , should just keep calling the police, NOT COMMITT MURDER!!!! My heart goes out to his family. If it was the property owners fault and it was my son , well I would be in prison.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

do u know what town this was in??? is it near palmer mass. hope the family is doin good.

Quick Reply: Wire across trail kills teenager on ATV