Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

hill climbing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hill climbing

i was thinking about getting into hill climbing with my kawasaki mojave (u can look at my pictures) which is pretty much all stock, i was wondering if anyone can tell me some things i can do to it to make it work for hill climbing like what size tires, what to do to the engine, and if i need an extended swingarm or not. I would also like to know if i have to change my rear shock or not..

Old 09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default hill climbing

You are talking about backwoods type hill climbs right?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default hill climbing

i was watching professional hill climbs on tv those r the ones im talking about.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default hill climbing

well first I would start by getting wider a arms and getting a better suspension as you will want to be stable going up the hill...gear it for alot of torque...pipe,jetting,high compression piston,larger cam,extended swingarm when you get enough power,longer chain when you get the swingarm,tires it depends on what surface you are going to be doing this on,extended swingarm,and jsut try and lighten the quad the most you can...I would recommend doing this to the kfx not the mojave it will be more of a waste of money i would think and wouldn't see the same type of gains but try and make it so it is trail rideable and still can climb hills fast.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default hill climbing

If he is talkin about the Highmarking hill climbing where they run mocycles with 10' swing arms and huge horsepower and steel paddles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] that stuff is bitchin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I seen em shooting this crack one time up a mountain and the quads had some spectactular tumbles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Basically you want big power, light weight, long and narrow.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default hill climbing

yea but it has to be rideable it seems like so he can still use it as a daily driver or atleast thats how I would want it to start out...and build your way up as you get better and better...I forgot one important part a good clutch which is really important along with the tranny...I would start off with some usual mods such as the pipe, tires,suspension,clutch,sprocket and then as you get better start to tear apart the engine more and put more into it...yes on more power you will need a very good swingarm.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Old 09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default hill climbing

I watched this kid from our area climb a hill named "SATANS SLOPE" many people fom our area know the kid...named Mike D.....I was very impressed with his hillclimbing on his slightly modded yammi 450 birtbike.....I will catch him on film one of these days...he also does freestyle...I've watched him ride wheelies for about a mile......

Old 09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default hill climbing

pretty nasty stuff right there lol squeege I really like your quad with the larger mud tires and extended fenders Kodiak right...I was wondering if you has used it to plow at all and if so how good is it and how is it going through mud...looks pretty sweet maybe I will have to get one in the future or another ute

Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default hill climbing

It will push snow like no tomorrow....I have got stuck in mud...my buddy is installing 27" tire and a 2" lift on his cammo kodiak next week so we will see how much that setup helps vs. mine...We are talking real deep mud that AC's get stuck in........

Quick Reply: hill climbing