Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

i know this has nothing to do with.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i know this has nothing to do with.....

for work- ford
for personal use- chevy (although i drive a ford)

Old 10-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

Chevy,

Dont know where these guys are getting the Dodge thing, my father in law had a 2004 Dodge Ram Sport, he put 28 thousand miles on it, had 8 recalls, speedo didnt work, 3 window motors went out, ac fan went out, and right before he got rid of it, the rear end went out. He now has a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, not one problem after 40,000 so far.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't care what brand you get, you take a chance on getting a lemon. There is good and bad in them all.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Range Rover

i like both, but after seeing the new chevys im leaning towards the ford, we own 2 chevys and a ford ranger and personally the ford is better,althogh the gas milage is horible.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Range Rover

P.S- I am talking 1/2 ton pickups here. Cars, there is no doubt I would take a chevy. Heavy Duty Trucks, right now I think that I would buy a Ford, even though they scrapped the best motor they ever had and now have a 6.0, and Dodge, the Cummins is hands down a beast in its own class.
The Ultimate 1 ton truck, as if it hasnt been said before, Ford Frame, Allison Tranny, and a Cummins. Any takers?

Old 10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a curve ball for ya, I buy GM 1/2 ton trucks and Ford 3/4 ton trucks .

Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

Dont blame you one bit cc, Fords are built like tanks on their heavy trucks.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have an 04 ram and it is flawless... I agree, dont matter what you buy always a chance of a lemon.. here on the ranch we have had our share of chebby lemons so its not just a dodge thing..

Old 10-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

I wasnt trying to wage a war or anything, so if it came off that way I apologize. I was just speaking from personal experience with the vehicles that I have had. You are definitely correct when you say that anyone can have a lemon. The problem associated with comparing Ford, Chevy, and Dodge is not quality, it is quality control. I work for a CNC Machine distribution company, and I can tell you first hand that the parts on your truck(whichever brand) are made in the same machine shop that the other brands are made in, and you can also include toyota in that list. I cant tell you how many machines that I have installed in shops that machine a line of products for more than one vehicle brand. The difference is when they are assembled, and whether the products they are assembling are properly checked and tested. If a guy is working on the line that got hammered the night before then chances are he is going to overlook something in his checklist, thus producing a "lemon-like" effect on the end product. Unforunately, brand loyalty is a result of what number you had off of the assembly line, and whether the old girl drove you 300,000 miles or not, me included.
A topic question like this is bound to get tossed around by each loyal owner, just like comparing Kawi, Polaris, Yamaha, Can Am, and Honda. But, at least with that topic, we all know that Kawi wins....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean... i was just stating that there are pieces of crap in all brands... I know you were not trying to start anything... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: i know this has nothing to do with.....