Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

RIDE AREAS AROUND HOUSTON?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIDE AREAS AROUND HOUSTON?

Does anyone know of any places to ride around houston? The one place I know of is getting old.

-----------------------------
07 Brute Force 650i
2500 Pound Warn Winch
27" Swamp Witch

05 Suzuki Eiger
2500 Pound Warn Winch
27" Outlaws
Jet Kit
HFM Exaust

Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

Where do you ride at? We usually go out to Spring Creek. Check this site out.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

I ususally ride off of old 90. I park at "mels" and go in from there. Its nice, but here lately the water has been extremely high. I have heard alot about Spring Creek, altought I am not sure exactly where its at.

--------------------------
07 Brute Force 650i
2500 pound warn winch
27" Swamp Witches (ordered)
Moose Ignition, Jet Kit (ordered)

05 Suzuki Eiger
2500 pound warn winch
HMF exaust
Highlifter Lift kit
Moose Jet kit
27" Outlaws

Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Range Rover

This is the only website that I could find that worked. You can view directions to there. I would give them a call. We usually go though the back Spring Forest off of rayford road. We are cheap like that. I've only been to the atv park once about 8 months ago or so. The pics in my gallery were taken at the creek...nothin fancy but it is another place to ride.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to be careful at Spring Creek because of the new law that passed a few years back about riding on a river. The last time I was there, horse mounted cops were patrolling and writing tickets. If you get down the creek aways, you might be ok.

I ride out at FatMans and Mels place in Crosby. Another place is behind Newport in Crosby, but you really need to know someone who lives there now they changed the rules. But, if you get with a big group that is going in, you should have no problem.

Another place is called G&G's ATV Park in Anahuac, Texas 409-267-4612 (about 35 miles east of Houston). I haven't been there yet, but I hear it is a big place with a lot of muddy trails since part of it use to be rice fields.

Another place is Blue Lakes adventures atv park near Lake Livingston dam in Livingston, Texas.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

What were they writing tickets for?

We always see the sheriffs out there on their quads but they don't seem to do anything unless you are acting stupid or drinking under age. Saw the game wardens a few times giving tickets to those taking their quads through the creek though. Got to be careful when they are around.

Heard there is a place in Huntsville called General Sams...I think. Supposed to be a pretty good riding area.
You can also go to Sam Houston National Forest. A few regulations for riding out there though, we found out the hard way.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

They were giving tickets for riding in the creek. Yes, General Sams is another place to ride and not far from there. I heard that it is a nice place too!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

Yes I usually ride at Mels place, usually every Saturday. Fat man charges by the rider, Mel only charges per quad. Plus there land runs together anyways. My wife and I have been riding for a long while now, but she is new to riding her own quad. Were is some easy riding areas I can take her?

--------------------------------

07 Brute Force 650i
2500 pound warn winch
27" Swamp Witches
Moose Ignition, Jet Kit (on order)

05 Suzuki Eiger
2500 pound warn winch
HMF exaust
Highlifter Lift kit
Moose Jet kit
27" Outlaws

Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I go to mels too, but still ride on fatmans place. He actually only owns the land up by his parking area. One sunday after church we went out there and his wife was under the bridge telling people they must pay or she would call the police. I pulled up and asked if she would call since she was on state of Texas property. (the property under the bridge is owned by the state and goes to the south sand hill and to the north pine tree line.) Anyway she called the sheriff and when he came there, he explained how that land was not hers and she could not do that. Furthermore, I mentioned to the sheriff that fatman was saying that was their land to the south of the sand hill. He informed her it wan't and said they have had complaints about them charging people to ride on land they don't own. Their land is and the end of the sand pit road off of hwy2100 and goes down until you pass the 1st fence. Anything west of there is not theirs and if they try to make you pay, tell them to call the sheriff. The sheriff said they will be given a ticket if call on again.

Anyway, go to spring creek for eaiser riding. I know much of hwy 90 place is rutted pretty bad. Next time I go out there, I will PM you if y'all want to meet up. I am in Baytown and it is only 20 minutes away.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah that would be cool. I live in Corpus, but I keep my bikes at my parents house in Baytown. That's where I grew up. I have heard way to much bad info about spring creek, cops giving tickets and some old guy with a shotgun blocking trails.

----------------------------------
07 Brute Force 650i
2500 pound warn winch
27" Swamp Witches
Moose Ignition, Jet Kit (on order)

05 Suzuki Eiger
2500 pound warn winch
HMF exaust
Highlifter Lift kit
Moose Jet kit
27" Outlaws

Quick Reply: RIDE AREAS AROUND HOUSTON?