Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

4 all kawi owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I urge you all (if you don't get it) to go look (not buy) the new Dirtwheels magazine. It's really the last straw for me. They bashed the Lakota sport in the review and added an un-needed comment on the Majove in the '01 buyers guide portion. That pisses me off and I don't even own a Kawasaki. Sure the Mojave could use an up-grade. But, that's pretty sorry of them to put that on the buyers guide. That will hurt sales for sure with people who don't know the difference.

Old 12-09-2000, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that issue of Dirt Wheels and the review for the Lakota was bull. Basically they decided to now test it as a sport quad since it is now called the Lakota Sport and bashed it for what it is not. Funny thing is when they previously tested the Lakota when it had racks it got good reviews. I've been a Dirt Whees reader since 1985 and have not seen a review so biased in the 15 years I've been reading the magazine. I don't know what they want but the Lakota sport is just a play quad and should not be considered Kawasaki's new sport machine!

Old 12-09-2000, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

How come they did not say the warrior or 300ex needed to be updated? they're just as old as the mojave

Old 12-09-2000, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

You have to keep in mind that Dirt Wheels writers depend on the release of new models in order to have something to write about. For this reason, they will often trash any ATV manufacturer for now producing new models. As a buyer of ATV's, I like knowing that a particular model has been tried and proven for many years.

Old 12-09-2000, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I agree DW was full of it. I wish the Lakota Sport was out last year when I bought my wife one, since I remove the racks I would have saved money. It is the perfect quad for her, autoclutch manual shift with reverse and electric start. Also can accept many mojave chassis mods and the motor is better than the Hondas 250EX. The Lakota will smoke a Recon (250EX motor). Also another bonus is, it is chain drive so you can change the gearing. DW better put the 250EX down worse than the Lakota because the Lakota is more of a sport quad than the EX. We will see when they do a shootout.

Old 12-10-2000, 03:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Read the article that dw slammed it. The new atv action was a lot nicer. I have had a Lakota for 3 years now and have not encountered any of the shortcomings that dw found. I do think that the Lakota was built for a smaller segment of buyers.When i was looking at quads 3 years ago for 5000 dollars or less the Lakota was my pick. I did not want a manual clutch? to each his own but dw sucks!!

Old 12-11-2000, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

I read the article in question during lunch today and it made me sick. DW has been pissin' me off like this for years. If it doesn't have a Honda sticker on it.....it sux! Well....to that...I say this.....!@#$!!!!!<edited> You see, ever since I bought my first quad, a new 87' Quadsport, DW has been trashin' every quad that isn't RED! Even thought the trend is changing(i.e. the Raptor), to much damage has been done to the readers. To DW I say this........OPEN YOUR EYES!!! GET A CLUE!!! NOT EVERYONE ON EARTH LIKES HONDAS!!! My Mojave is the best friggin' quad I've ever owned!

http://www.geocities.com/jeffrywright

Old 12-11-2000, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

The most powerful way to get back at the magazine is to get them were it hurts the most...in their wallet. Dont subscribe or ever buy their magazine. The second thing anyone can easily do is send a letter to them emphasizing their strong disagreement.

Old 12-11-2000, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

I read the article also. This sucks! I say we all send Dirtwheels an e-mail and tell them how we feel!!!

Old 12-12-2000, 09:57 AM
Range Rover

I own a Lakota, and I love it! Matbe i am not an extreme rider, but i have a blast and all i want to do is ride..ride..ride! I can't wait for warmer weather around here and more daylight! they make it sound like the quad is good for nothing! whatever............!

Quick Reply: 4 all kawi owners