Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX and I

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX and I

What going on everyone. I just purchased a pre owned KFX 700 04' model. Im here to try and find some information about the quad, and possibly advice on how to make the best out of it. I have rode 2 wheels all my life, and just made my first ATV purchase, though I had riden a few in the past the KFX 700 I rode stood out on our first date. To start off with, its needless to say that my ATV has had a few tanks of gas ran through it. I bought it for 3100.00, the owner took the ATV over to lend a hand to a buddie who was in a downward sprial with his finances. He told me the gas that was in the tank had been there since he took it 2 years ago. He also told me he hadnt washed it or changed oil pretty much told me it was something to look at for two years. The bike has got some sort of dual exaust, really loud but sounds so good, racks under the pegs for your feet, It has a K&N filter, OMF Beadlock rims with Maxxis Razr tires. bumpers on the front and rear, and a upgraded rear shock its red and bronze. The reason for explaining is because im trying to get alittle bit of clarification as to what I got, and where I am on the totem pole. The ATV needs a few things, the controls like the switch which changes it into D, N, R its not going out but it has been used heavily. Pretty much the worse parts of the ride is the handlebar, levers, some of the switches and thumb throttle. As I began riding the quad I noticed that the suspension in the rear was pretty low and Im going to have to adjust it to a better spot, but the front shocks, I almost feel like they float around to much, the front wheels want to pop up each time you hit the gas, which all the power in it theres no wonder but if there is anything out there, replacements, advice as to putting that front end in its place and having alittle more controll when you pounce on the throttle, I would be interested in checking them out. As for the rest of the parts needed, if anyone knows of a place to get custom, OEM parts for this ATV leave me a link or two, as many as you want actually. I know this post sounds like a kid posting, but to be honest I am very new to ATV's I dont know squat about them, im takin baby steps to get used to it, but with years of riding period I have an idea. So i believe theres some great ideas i cant use from this site. Thanks

Old 01-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX and I

good luck trying to keep the front down sounds like you got a pretty good bike to get oem parts try bikebandint.com that where i get mine and if you need more info on your kfx pm me and i will show you some other sites to look at.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX and I

I've got a kfx700 and I like.Its a good bike to kick around on.It wouldnt be my bike of choice if I was a racer though.Its a little heavy and not quite as fast as most sport quads.These atvs pull wheelies real easy so this may be something you cant fix.Mine has stock suspension and will wheelie to easy.bikebandits.com has OEM parts.I have some fenders if you ever need any.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX and I

Go to 700v.com they have got all sorts of stuff in there to look at and they will teach you how to do work on it well good luch with the V. Stay safe and ride it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX and I

Whats up yall, thanks for all the information. I just got done riding my KFX for the first time, I had a BLAST. All my friends where givin me all this crap about me flipping it over, or going into a tree cause it was a big 700 sport quad in the woods. Being the mountains of NC, KFX 700's are far and few between so everytime i pulled up to a group of fellas, they flagged me in to look at it and tell me how they think about it. I think imma keep her, lol a few guys told me to name a price for it, being a make a dollar kinda fella I pondered on the idea at first but I went ahead and flushed it down the drain. I do need some new grips, and a new switch for the D, N, R but the handle bar I think is gonna be fine. Imma check out those websites you have displayed to me and continue mission. Later-

Oh yeh has anyone ever though about modifying a piece of steel plate, and engineering some type of bracket and put a sorta splash guard for the area in front of your feet, I had a set of alumium nerf bars, and im thinking of cutting something and fitting it to the nerf bar, then sort rivet it into the plastic behind the front tire. Imma have to use something that can be removed for cleaning though, if anyone has seen or done this already tell me how it went. Thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default KFX and I

My buddy drilled holes in his fenders and drilled hole in the nerfs and riveted mud flaps in thoes gaps and now has now mud in the face problems ha ha. Well good luck to you and stay safe and ride it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]