Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP

Text

A local delaer has 5 brand new 05's still for sale. They have just been sitting. They are the Bute Force I want to say 650 and 750 as well as the Prarie 700 I beleive. Anyway I have heard alot of complaints about both of these. He also has one 360. He said $5,800 out the door for my pick.

I need it for hunting and I have never rode a Kawai. Are they problems. This will be my first quad and need a smooth ride. He also told me that they are all Throttle Body injection, is this true?

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP

kawasaki quads are fun and realiable if you take care of them just like everything else. Only problems you would have would be belt issues. When a belt goes you just replace it very easy and not realy a big deal.

ANd if your dealer is giving those quads away that cheap then i would say go for it. If you want a smooth ride go with the brute force 750 it has IRS and is a good ride the prairies and the 650 brute have a single rear axle and is more of a stiffer ride

so if you want to go hunting and if you want a fast quad get the 750 brute and you will save lots of money from you dealer.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HELP

The belts should last about 10,000 miles now days. The kawi Vtwin is an awesome motor. I would have got a kawi for the motor alone, but i am an outdoorsman, and hunter and wanted the Arctic Cat for its speedrack options, 4x4 shift on the fly, and ground clearance. I got a 650V2 Arctic Cat, so i got a kawi vtwin in an AC frame, the best of both worlds!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default HELP

No Question on that one....buy the 650i

Just as fast as 750i but handles better

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/kaw...ce650i-06.html

TK

Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP

Originally posted by: AirborneB
Text

A local delaer has 5 brand new 05's still for sale. They have just been sitting. They are the Bute Force I want to say 650 and 750 as well as the Prarie 700 I beleive. Anyway I have heard alot of complaints about both of these. He also has one 360. He said $5,800 out the door for my pick.

I need it for hunting and I have never rode a Kawai. Are they problems. This will be my first quad and need a smooth ride. He also told me that they are all Throttle Body injection, is this true?

Thanks.
Not sure who told you about complaints on the Kawie prairies and bf's, but I have owned several kawies and they are nothing but great quads. Kawie is known for their v-twins and wonderful power and torque. I owned a kawie prairie700 and now have a 2005 bf750 and no problems other than basic maintance. I did have some slight back firing on the bf750, that after some adjustments, all is well. Personally, you can't go wrong with any kawie product and especially the 650's and 750's.

BTW, I would be interested in where this dealer is b/c I would love to get another prairie700. I hated that I sold the one I had. The brute force 750 is awesome, but the prairie700 IMO is the best all around 4x4 utility/sports quad.

My brother has a 2005 prairie360 4x4 and it is a great mid size quad. It has great low end power for pulling and mudding and is equipped with the front diff locker which I personally love having that control. It also has a low range which will make it pull like a dozer. He put some 25" mud bugs and a 2" lift. Just a wonderful mid size quad. He purchased it for $4999 OTD plus $400 for the extended warranty. Then he added the rest later.

BTW, we use our quads for hunting, trail riding, towing and pulling and no problems at all.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Range Rover
Default HELP

I have owned all of the big bores but the bomb. (witch I think is one of the top big bores) The only reason I have not owned one of them is the cost. I think they all have good points and bad. I think the closest quad to perfect for me is the brute forces. I own 2 of them and have never looked back. The quad that makes me the happiest is my 06 650i camo with nothing added but a dyna. Don't let anybody tell you they are no good. Everyone treats there stuff diff. and maintains it diff. Go by one at the cheep price and enjoy it as much as the boy's that pay thousands more for theres.