Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force plastic on Prarie

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force plastic on Prarie

Will the Brute Force plastic fit on a Prarie?With a little work?Thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

with a little work pretty much any plastic will fit on any bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

The BF 650 SRA plastic will, I think you have to change a bracket up by the front strut towers if I remember right, but its a perfect fit since they are the same machine. The 750i IRS machine is a no go, unless you have a fab shop and a whole lot of time on your hands. There were several new colors that came out this year for the SRA model. I thought the Black looked real good.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Why would you want to do that? The BF plastic is fiberglass which will break when it takes a hit. The Prairie is Polyuerathane which is a lot more flexible and will take abuse a lot more than the BF. Case in point: A friend of mine had a very minor encounter when his Brute Force hit a tree at very low speed. It cost him about $100 to fix it. A Polaris 500 ran into the back of my Prairie. The front end of the Polaris exploded. It bent some plastic on my left rear fender. I popped it back into shape and it looked like nothing happened.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

No Kawi quad fenders are made of fiberglass. They are either (PE) Poly Ethylene or (TPO) Thermoplastic Olefin which are both C2H4 based plastics. It is written on backside of the fenders or plastic parts.

The reason why some plastics are more brittle or flexible than others is due to 3 main reasons:
1). Amount/type of clear coatings used.
2). Amount/time of heat applied.
3). Amount of rubber resin (for flexibility) used.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you hayashi, I started to say something like that but I knew someone would come along and say it with more pizzzaazz and clarity than I could.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Hayashi
No Kawi quad fenders are made of fiberglass. They are either (PE) Poly Ethylene or (TPO) Thermoplastic Olefin which are both C2H4 based plastics. It is written on backside of the fenders or plastic parts.

The reason why some plastics are more brittle or flexible than others is due to 3 main reasons:
1). Amount/type of clear coatings used.
2). Amount/time of heat applied.
3). Amount of rubber resin (for flexibility) used.
To me the Brute Force pastic appeared to look like fiberglass and break like fiberglass. Whether it is fiberglass or not is a moot point if the plastic won't take normal abuse (and it won't)! As for the broken fender on the Brute, I saw it happen and I was not impressed by it. The point I'm trying to make is that the plastic on the Prairie is better and not as brittle as the plastic on the Brute Force. The plastic on the BF might look cool and stylish but if it won't stand up to minimal abuse without self destructing then it is useless IMO.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

FYI - Not all Brute Force plastics are brittle.
Only the special color ones (like silver, blue, etc) may break easier espeically in cold weather. Clear coating done on top of the silver/blue paint makes them brittle. The Bruet Forces do come in aztek red and hunter green colors and they are the exact same plastic as the ones used on Praires.
They all have pros and cons. Special color ones may break easier but they do not get scratched up as easy (due to its clear coating) as the red and green ones do. It's personal preferences.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have not seen one in person to know for sure but I think the new black BF SRA plastic is also of the non clear coated type, I imagine it will scratch pretty easy, but like mentioned should fex like the prairie plastic.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Hayashi
FYI - Not all Brute Force plastics are brittle.
Only the special color ones (like silver, blue, etc) may break easier espeically in cold weather. Clear coating done on top of the silver/blue paint makes them brittle. The Bruet Forces do come in aztek red and hunter green colors and they are the exact same plastic as the ones used on Praires.
They all have pros and cons. Special color ones may break easier but they do not get scratched up as easy (due to its clear coating) as the red and green ones do. It's personal preferences.

This one was red and it broke like a pretzel! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

As I was reading the beginning of this thread I just noticed the Sig Line of the topic starter.
A guy who calls himself "Stinkfist"! That sounds pretty gross! How in the hell did you end up with a name like that?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Brute Force plastic on Prarie