Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie Big bore kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie Big bore kits

I consistently look at the fundy performance big bore kits, and i am very impressed. The only thing that i am worried about is some of the requirments for the kit, and how much is the ussual installation fee. I am very interested in the 800 kit so if anyone has it, or knows in detail, alot about this please write back a comment and let me know things such as: full pricing, requirments, and how much difference it accually makes in performance. Thankyou and i appreciate any comments.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

I run a Fundy 730 which in my opinion is as fast if not faster than the 800. I have real world experience when I'm saying it outruns the 800 and Fundy will back me up on that. If you want to get the biggest bang you need to port and big valve the heads. You will also need a full exhaust system, such as a Muzzy, and a Dynatek or VDI box. Just a module won't get it done. All tolled you are about $3800 canuck bucks wo/installation. You can choose to not port or run the Muzzy but you will be selling the package way short.

This fall I outran a piped banshee in 600 feet. My prairie has 28" mud rubber.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

I am running the Procircut full system on mine, whats the deal on the Muzzy full system, I keep hereing about them, but no one seems to have any performance data on power gains. The 800 can be made faster than a 730 but I think it requires more money to get it there, and its not that much faster. I agree his 730 is likely the best bang for the buck of the 2 kits. I think Ray has the crank HP numbers on his site. The 800 if remeber right can be setup as much as 10hp stronger than the 730.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

Hey CC, looks like we are double dipping sites. I am Climbin on Aurora. I agree that the 800 can be made stronger. But you need to upgrade carbs to do it. It just runs out of air at high rpms otherwise. I have a buddy with a Fundy 800. His machine feels tourqier but mine will out drag race him due to his falling off and my 730 continuing to build rpm.
The only dyno information you may be able to get on the Muzzy is probably from Ray. He does say the the LTE system is stronger than the Muzzy full system.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, I didn't know that till you told me, but it felt like a similar conversation, I kinda feel bad, I think we all kinda hyjacked that poor guys thread about hopping up a Outlander 400.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

No worries, that was my thread anyhow. The 400 is my brothers and I'm not too crisp on Bombis

Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finished pulling my motor about 2 hrs ago, only took about 2 hrs. I ordered a set of 99 cbr 900 carbs off of ebay and now I'm just waiting on them. As soon as the carbs come in my motor will be sent UPS to Fundy. I'm getting the 730 with porting, the bigger carbs setup, and ms mod. From what the guys at Fundy are telling me that setup should get me in the mid 90hp range at the crank. They told me with the dyno tuning and break in that it would cost me $2700 U.S. After shipping both ways and some clutch work I'll have around $3250 in the total build. That sounds like alot, atleast it did to me, until you compare everyone elses prices which don't include all the dyno work. We'll see how it all pans out but I'm expecting at least a mid to low 5 second sand drag bike that looks stock and runs on 91 octain pump gas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds great FASTFATBOY, So did the carbs end up being the 36s or were they 38s as some of the Kawirider guys were saying. I was getting confused as to what was what on that thread over there.
Keep me posted on how it turns out.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

90 HP is BRUTAL.
Guess My little stock Prairie 700 with a few bolt-ons will be in the cheering/spectator section [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: cc1999
Sounds great FASTFATBOY, So did the carbs end up being the 36s or were they 38s as some of the Kawirider guys were saying. I was getting confused as to what was what on that thread over there.
Keep me posted on how it turns out.
I got the ones off of the CBR 900 and they are 38mm. The CBR 600 has the 36mm carbs. You are not the only one who got confused. When I bought those carbs I thought they were 36s. I talked to Fundy again today and they said that the 36mm carbs would feed the motor OK and the 38s will have no trouble at all keeping up. If I can get the clutching right with that setup it should really pull from mid track on. As of right now Fundy hasn't gotten so much as a penny of my money and their customer service has been excellent. If they continue the same level of service after they get my money then I'll recommend them to everyone.

Quick Reply: Prairie Big bore kits