Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 650 vs Brute Force 650i

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brute Force 650 vs Brute Force 650i

First off Troopper1947 i'm one of those people who buy's an off road ATV for the ride ! And second there's sometime's a dozen of us who go rock thumping in the servere rocky trail's here in north Ga and TN , and of all the rider's in our group it's the SRA quad's that bottom out on rock's bolder's and stump's of the roughest trail's we ride on ; with a few exception's of the bigger and heavier rider's riding IRS machine's that are just to small for their size and weight ! I weigh in at 135 lbs and i straddle the rock's and stump's that the SRA machine's avoid to keep from dragging or getting stuck on , without even rubbing the skid's on my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS 4x4 Auto and let me remind you that the AC has 12' ground clearance the most of all the stock ATV's on the market and a full 10' of suspention travel as well ! I'm usally in the middle of the pack and the rider's behind me alway's tell me ; they can't believe how that cat go's over those big rock's and stump's with out so much as rubbing them ; and everyone else drag's or get stuck on these same rock's and stump's when they try to do the same thing's i do on the trail ! And as for your question ( Doesn't anyone rise up on their feet on the floor board's anymore ) I for one of the many handicap rider's can't ( my reason is i don't because i lost both leg's just below the knee's in 1975 when a car crashed into the car i was trying to help a freind who ran out of gas push it out of the road , the car that hit me was traveling at a high rate of speed way to fast for the road condition's and had her 8 year old sister and her 10 month old baby in the car with her and she took her eye's off the road for just a few second's when the baby got into the floorboard next to her feet They weren't wearing seat belt's and no child restraint Seat ! By the time she looked back up at the road it was to late and i was catch between the bumper's lost both leg's just below the knee's ) Alot of people still ask me if they tryed to reatached my leg's , but even with the advancement in limb reatachment surgery they have now they couldn't help me because my leg's were shredded like being put into one of those log shreading machine's they use when clearing tree's and limb's from around the power line's alone the road's that feed the power line that goes to your home ! So you see it's impossible for me to stand on the foot peg's to brace myself for the shock of those rock's ,bump's and hump's in the trail ! I owned a Honda foreman with the SRA and i loved it but it scared me bad the first time i took it to the mountain's for a long ride , i came to a spot where the trail dropped off steeply and the trail was gully'de out from a rain storm i slowed down for the terrain one wheel slid into a hole and the other wheel came off the ground and even though it was fulltime 4wd i couldn't back up and when i tryed going straight the quad would teeter like it was going to turn over ; on one side of the trail it was straight up the mountain and the other side was a cliff about 100 feet straight down ! My brother and the rest of the group were behind me , my brother and a couple of the other guy's got off their quad's and helped me get it down the hill by standing on the front rack they got me out of a bad spot ! On the way back i had to go up the same hill no way around it ; but this time i knew that there was a big rock on the right side of the trail ! So this time when i hit the hill i jerked the steering to the right and straddled the rock and just hit the throddle and went right around the gully with out a hitch this time ! It took me about six month's to tame the beast but i finally got the hang of it i just had to man handle it and know when and where to throw all my weight in the right direction ! I stll loved the machine because i could get to place's that i couldn't get to before even when i had my leg's ! I could ride all day long even on the old SRA , but it would take me a few day's to get over the soreness ; but even though the cat is almost 2 time's the size of the the body and almost over 200 pound's more weight than the foreman i can ride all day long on the cat it doesn't wear me out like the SRA did ! So that's why when someone ask's me witch brand or what style is better , my answer is what kind of riding do you like to do ; and sometime's i forget to ask what kind of condition you're in ! But i try to alway's tell them to ride as many brand's , size and style of quad's they're thinking about buying ; again i say take a test ride first ! And if the Dealer doesn't allow test ride's , tell them you'll go eslewhere and give your money to a dealer who will let you test out what you're wanting to buy first before handing over their money or signing a contract !

Old 07-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my god just get the 07 750 jezzus man .the thing rocks

Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

bump

Old 08-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

650i iiiiiiii

Just go for it. Your not gonna lose on anything....

most people ask because they want to save the 500.00. If this is the case, just go for it...You wont miss the power slides so much; you'll be too busy wiping the damn grin off your face...
this machine is nothing but pure excitment. I

t goes like a raped ape up and over anything, especially in 4x mode. You will go thru deep mudd, climb and descend like a pro. The torque and power will knock you aunt connie's socks off! It will make you so much more a better rider when upgrading from a smaller machine too.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trooper1947

It looks like the REAL ATV'S are going down the same road as the 4x4 Jeeps and Land cruisers . Yuppie suspensions and " smooth ride " are killing any true off road riding . I guess next these guys will be asking for asphalt trails !! LOL ====
[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I so agree but disagree...I had a Jeep and been 4xing for some time...I love the upgrade to indi rear....I think Kawi kicks some **** with these carbed 650 and 750 units. I think Kawi also does a nice job at keeping the machine like a classic muscle car....not a lot of glam and lots of power....

The new 750 from the web looks kinda cheapened and not sure how the red racks will go over...I like the dry strorage idea...I just hope that the FI doesnt start to kill the machine's legend like you suggest...

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

newbruterider there was a member of these forums who went by the cvman , it's been along time since i saw a post on CV boot replacement , surely there is someone here on the forums who remember's him ; you could do a search here on the forums to find him ! I think he has his own site and sell's on ebay , if no one remember's him you could go to ebay and check for atv parts and the seller's name the cvman to find him , you could get a complete set plus the axle for what the Dealer get's for one CV joint with boot's and strapping band's ; this guy rebuild's cv's and then resell's them for about 1 half the cost of just one cv joint and boot from the Dealer's! There was a lady on the forums one time who only needed a new cv boot and strap band's on her 92' or 93' Suzuki LTF4WD 300 King Quad 4x4 QuadRunner , i had a manual that covered the 250 in this model ; everything was the same on the 89" Suzuki LTF4WD QuadRunner was the same except the engine was a little bigger displacement not enough that i could tell and it had bigger sixed wheel's and tire's , The 89's had 25x10x11's on the rear and the front tire's were 25x8x10's on front ; the 93' Suzuki LTF4WDXI QuadRunner had 25x10x12's on rear and 25x8x12 on the front ! I hope this is of some help to you anyone on the forums ! ...........................

Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

get the sta....much better in the woods and fast riding..if your going to putt putt get the ind...trust me i know........