Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Would you have bought this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would you have bought this?

Ok so I just bought a "new" 2005 Brute Force 750i for $5,099, no set up or anything just tax which came to like $5,500 give or take. Here's the catch though, it was the machine they parked out in front of the dealership ever day, it has 2 miles on it and 7 hours. Do you think I did ok? or is this thing going to be an oil burner? It's probably not the best break in circumstances, what trouble could I have with it if any? Yes it does have the new tie rods on it too. Wondering if I should get an extended warrenty on it or not??? Thanks for the help!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you did good. first, i'd change the oil. then take it out and give it a very long hard run to seat the rings. i wouldn't worry about the extended warranty unless you would do it anyway. i pretty much voided my warranty the first couple of days i had mine. no problems at all, tho.

monty

Old 03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

would i have bought this ........no

Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

yes, you got a good deal. Check the belt deflection and change all the fluids. I would get the warrenty, better safe than sorry, just hope the dealership will honar it. Heard some peaple were having problems with that.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think you did OK. With many recommending the "break it in like you drive it" stuff, I wouldn't think that much about the test drive hours. I agree with Monty, change the fluids before you use it. I would also change the engine oil again after you give it some hard riding to seat the rings.

Don't forget about the buss connector fix...much easier to protect the buss with grease or solder the wires before the problems start.

Congrats!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

the dealer probably just did not turn the key off when they moved it around. hour meter counts when key is on even if engine is not running.
Clark

Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your happy and it makes you smile when you ride it, you got a good deal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

I would ask if they could write on your bill of sale that the quad was sold with 9 extra hours on it......same goes for if they leave the key on during work performed on the quad....course if you plan on keeping it Who cares..........

Old 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Personally I think you got a good deal. Like everyone elses says, change the oil after a couple hours. I would definately get an extended warranty for it. Not because it was a showroom queen but because I think the extended warrantee is a good thing to have on a quad. Mine has paid for itself.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the help. I picked it up last night and checked everything over when I got it home. The air filter was pretty dry so I oiled that and made sure all the fluids were up and checked the front plug, looked kind of black. I'm going to take it out for a ride tomorrow and then change all the fluids and put new plugs in it. Does the front diff really take 10W-40 motor oil? I know the rear takes wet brake fluid. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Would you have bought this?