Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 450

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 450

Does anyone have any links or recommendations as to where I can find a comparison between the LTR450 and the KFX450R? I'd really like to know which one is the better buy. I mean, I can get an 06 LTR for 6k and I am going to pay about 7k for the KFX. Should I trust the KFX since it is so new?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 450

what can be done to make it more "luggable" , go up a couple of teeth on the rear?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: ctrhenry
what can be done to make it more "luggable" , go up a couple of teeth on the rear?
Yep, or drop a tooth on the front, but you will lose a little top end...

Old 05-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: ZButcheR
Originally posted by: ctrhenry
Yep, or drop a tooth on the front, but you will lose a little top end...
And besides desert and dune riders, top end really means squat.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 450

LoL... seen one of the new 450s, and let me tell you, from the looks of it, i would not even think of buying it, looks like a yfz gone terribly bad, and not to mention i would rather have a cinder block for my seat, much more comfortable

Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: 2StRoKE4LiF333
LoL... seen one of the new 450s, and let me tell you, from the looks of it, i would not even think of buying it, looks like a yfz gone terribly bad, and not to mention i would rather have a cinder block for my seat, much more comfortable
Another 15 year old with such wisdom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: 2StRoKE4LiF333
Another 15 year old with such wisdom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

i guess anyone cannot voice their opinion without getting ridiculed, its an opinion, you look like a kawi rider so ofc, you would disagree with me, These forums are 99.9% opinion anyways. all i said it looks fugly and the seat sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 450

Boy...it's tough to get any good information from you guys. All I read are discouraging and negative comments about other users.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: cstraface
Boy...it's tough to get any good information from you guys. All I read are discouraging and negative comments about other users.
MY bad cstraface just sick of these ppl that have something to say & thay have never rode one...
Dont think their is a comparison between the 2 yet, but not sure... what type of riding are you going to be doing????
Looks to me dunes??? if so the kfx will need a sprocket or 2 its geard very low, ltr is set up more for the MX track coming stock with those 18in tires, but I have seen guys out on the trail w/them, have seen some sand lt's from dealers might want to check into that but not to sure if you can still get 1...

I went on a 120 mile ride on saterday & I can say it was the best handling quad I hav ever been on...

Old 05-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 450

Originally posted by: cstraface
MY bad cstraface just sick of these ppl that have something to say & thay have never rode one...
Dont think their is a comparison between the 2 yet, but not sure... what type of riding are you going to be doing????
Looks to me dunes??? if so the kfx will need a sprocket or 2 its geard very low, ltr is set up more for the MX track coming stock with those 18in tires, but I have seen guys out on the trail w/them, have seen some sand lt's from dealers might want to check into that but not to sure if you can still get 1...

I went on a 120 mile ride on saterday & I can say it was the best handling quad I hav ever been on...
No problem.

But anyway, yes, I will be doing mostly dune riding and some MX (but nothing too competitive). I am 5'10" 183 lb's. I am just worried that the KFX will have problems, as do many new models. I just want a quick, good handling, good suspenion, reliable quad that I can have fun with on the weekends when I'm not working.