Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Got the Elka's on

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007 | 02:22 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Got the Elka's on

Can't wait until Sat. to try them out!

Old 07-25-2007 | 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

I've read that this upgrade is money well spent. I'll look for your ride report next week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2007 | 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Elka's? Tires?

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Shocks.

Old 07-26-2007 | 10:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

I will give a full report. I can tell a difference already and I haven't rode it yet. When slightly pushing down, I can see the small spring compressing. When pushing harder the main spring will then begin to move. I can feel the suspension gradually stiffen up, the farther down I push!

Old 07-27-2007 | 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

THE best upgrade you can make to a BF in my opinion. Makes it into a completely different machine. The way it should have handled when you bought it. You're going to love the way it handles now! With that engine and the rest of that machine you're going to have trouble wiping the smile off of your face.

I'm a little jealous!

Hey, now you're gonna have to sneak in a couple of clutch and engine mods now that you've got the suspension working like it should. You can make those 750s just scream.

Old 07-27-2007 | 09:24 AM
|
Pro Rider

I don't want to do anything else. I would have rather not did the shocks, but it was just terrible. The way we ride, these shocks just couldn't handle it. My brother has a King Quad, his shocks are WAAAAAY worse than mine. I am sure after he feels these, he will be calling Sebastion @ Elka.

Old 07-30-2007 | 10:29 PM
|
Pro Rider

WELL, WELL, WELL, I like them alot. I could tell a difference within the first 30 secs. The fronts were perfect out of the box. The front NEVER bottomed out, not even once. I was getting BIG AIR too. One time all the weight came down on the left front so hard that the tie rod bent. Don't worry, since the tie rod ends are like the Honda's(not tapered) I was able to remove the rod and I used a log as an anvil, a buddy to hold the rod with pliers, and another log as a hammer. Believe it or not, it is almost as straight as new. Anyway, the point, is the shocks took the abuse. The rears is a different story. The compression needed to be adjusted 1 click, which is not a big deal They also need the preload increased alittle and the rebound is too quick. Dummy me, forgot the tools that came with it. So, I had to put up with it. The rear bottomed out on the skid plate atleast 30 times in 66 miles. I will adjust them before the next ride. I will raise the preload, and slow the rebound. I am sure when these get dialed in, I will even love them more!

Old 07-30-2007 | 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

i hope you bough new tie rods... bendin metal weakens it alot but buy the tie rods from housier they're like 3 x's the size of stock ones bitches are huge and nice as hell

Old 07-31-2007 | 07:56 PM
|
Pro Rider

I plan on replacing the tie rod assy and keeping that one as a spare in my bag. I think the worse thing to break in the woods is a tie rod. NO way to steer it out of the woods! I think I will keep the stocks on, because from what I hear, the knuckles are known for breaking/cracking. I will keep using this "weak link" to take the abuse, instead of the knuckle!

Quick Reply: Got the Elka's on