Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Need help.....05 KFX 400

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help.....05 KFX 400

Hey Guys,

Need some help please. Took the quad (05 KFX 400) out yesterday to the local riding park (The Ridge) and would not start. When I pushed the start button, i could hear a clicking sound from the solenoid switch. I pushed it off and ran for a while. When I would cut it off, it would start back up by pushing the start button as usual. But if it sat for a while and cooled down, would go back to the clicking sound and not start. Is this the solenoid switch going bad? Thanks, Don

Old 02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be a touchy solenoid, but I would look at the battery first. You may have a short either in the batt itself or somewhere else in the wiring that is slowly draining the battery down. Right after you have been running it, you still have juice in the batt and it starts.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks. A little more info......Just verified that the battery is at full charge. I pulled the plastic covering off the solenoid terminals. I took a wire and touched one end of the solenoid terminal and took the other end of the wire and touched the other end of the solenoid terminal. Nothing happened. I had the switch on and the clutch in as if I were about to start it up. Shouldn't it turn over when I jumped it across the solenoid terminals? Thanks, Don

Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone?????