Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kfx 700 hmm

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kfx 700 hmm

Hey guys whats up ive been thinking about getting a kfx 700 for about 4 years now havnt gotten around to so id like some of you owners 2 give me some pros and cons if you would

Thanks-

Josh

Old 02-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kfx 700 hmm

I have had mine since they first came out, love it! It is a large and heavy quad, but it does not feel like it when you are riding it. They can be made realy fast, mine is relatively stock and it goes as fast as I need it to. What type of riding are you going to be doing? It seems to work well for the larger guys.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kfx 700 hmm

well ill be doing alot of trail riding im sorta a big guy 6 foot 215 lbs i want want somthing that will wheelie on a dime and be able to be made as fast as some race bikes also how much do u get stuck doing trails??

Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kfx 700 hmm

I don't have one but have ridden a few. They are definately heavy. If you plan on mudding with it, do yourself a favor and buy a winch for it vs getting a hernia trying to pick one up. They are definately fast, and have a very unique sound to them. You can always tell when a Kawie twin is in the area, lol. I don't personally care for the handling, feels a bit to utility quad for me. Jumping is also a scary proposition with the stock suspension. Still, these can be had for a good price, and if you have the cash to upgrade shocks they are an awesome machine. Note that there are quite a few riders out there on stock or near stock quads and they love them. Every time I have ridden one it put a smile on my face, though I prefer the handling and control of more traditional sport quads like the Raptor.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kfx 700 hmm

I have an 06 and mine is still mostly stock. I think that they are a good looking quad. The front suspension would benefit from upgraded shocks but if you are trail riding it has good ground clearance and a hell of a torque curve to the motor.There are a ton of mods you can do to them but they are fast enough for average trail riding just in stock form. Stock, they are not as quick as a rappy 700, but they get the job done! They are heavy so if you are looking to motocross it I would look for something lighter. They are excellent on the trails for a larger rider and a $20 clutch spring and an exhaust coupled with an airbox mod will really wake the big v-twin up even more. Just remember that they do have the potential to be a very fast quad and the v-twin motor is very reliable! Like Tmm said, they are fast enough for the average trail rider and can be had for almost $1000 less than a new rappy. I love mine and the fact that I am older now means that I dont have to be bothered with shifting either, which is not a big deal to me anymore! They are a wheelie machine!! In my opinion I think that you would be satified with a V, just remember , it's not an mx style bike. Hope this helps.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kfx 700 hmm

hmmm sounds pretty good to me but can you boys think of any ways of raising ground clearence??? that would make my day if it was possible [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kfx 700 hmm

Only way I can think of to raise ground clearance would be taller tires... I ride trails and dunes. I do not get stuck unless the mud or snow gets to deep where you would need 4x4.