Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

submerged brute force 750

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default submerged brute force 750

I recently was riding in the edge of a pond when, I went into a big hole. I had to get off the atv and attempted to keep it cranked but it died. I was able to get it out and immediately pulled the oil plug and plug to the belt. both full of water. I then pulled off the air box lid, it was full of water. I turtne the quad on its back and let all the water run out of the exhaust. we then took it to the truck and pulled the plugs and turned the motor over. I then went through several oil changes until the oil was clean. put new oil filter on and rung out air filter. at this point we cranked it and it is not smoking or anyhting rides fine. I was just wondering if there are any other fluids I should change since the bike turned upside down in the water. the fluid in the handle bar resivoir looks clean but I just need to know if there may be something I missed.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drain the front and rear differencial's and refill them with the proper weight gear oil , and i would also do at least another engine /tranny oil and filter change ; also drain the and flush the fuel tank and carb !

Then get a can of Sea Foam from your local auto parts store and treat your new fuel with Sea Foam , it's a great product just follow the mixing directions on the can ; you can get a 16oz can for around $6.99 + tax at most auto parts stores and you will be amazed at how good this product really works !

It's been on the market since 1942 and still carries a money back Guarranttee , i have used it on all type of engines and it has been the best fuel and oil treatment i have ever used ; i highly reccomend Sea Foam and Deep Creep(same as Sea Foam only in spray can) you won't be sorry you tried it !....

Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should I drain the gas if i put a fuel treatment in that says it removes water, also it is fuel injected.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would change the fuel again this time use Sea Foam to treat your new fuel ; it has a water drying agent in it !

Here's just a few thing's that the Sea Foam will do for the fuel system , and the engine/tranny crankcase oil ; Sea Foam Auto Marine Fleet Motor Treatment For Gas And Deisel Engines.

Injector Cleaner , Carburator Cleaner , Carbon Cleaner , Fuel Stabilizer , Frees Lifters - Rings , Die - Icer Anti Gel , Uper Cyclinder Lube And Dries Oil And Fuel ; Sea Foam will keep your complete Fuel System Clean and keep your fuel fresh longer as well as cleans the combustion chamber of builtup Carbon Deposits !

It can be used in the Crankcase Oil on some Engines , however i don't know what impact it would have on a Wet Sump of an ATV Engine where the Crankcase/Tranny Oils are used together to lube the Engine and Transmission ; the same precaution for the use of Auto Engine Oils containing friction modifiers can cause clutch slippage !

But Defently drain the gas and use the Sea Foam to treat the new fuel in your gas tank , I ran my own Small Engine Service And Repair Shop over 20 yrs. where i used every type of Gas and Oil treatment product on the market ; i only found out about the Sea Foam on these forums 3 yrs. ago because Auto Parts Stores didn't stock it back then you could only find it at Marine Supply Stores !

Check out your local WalMart Super Center they have it in my location for $5.66 + tax , or you can find it at most any Auto Parts Stores like i stated in my first reply for $6.99 + tax ; read the label for all it's use it will do everything that i have mentioned and more and well worth the price !.......