Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the new buyers guide issue of atv sport magazine's , don't buy it if your a mojave fan because it will **** you off. they're graph shows the mojave doing 0-30mph in over 7 seconds, some 3 seconds slower than a 300exlax.it seems like they are trying to make kawi come out with a new quad so bad that they are willing to (at best)screw up the test or just plain lie about the results. yes kawi need to build a new, faster sport quad. but why do the magazines have to bash the mojave to death...
maybe someone should of showed their "expert riders" how to release the e-brake hehehehehe

Old 01-26-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Old 01-29-2001, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally agree. I don't know if someone at Kawasaki pissed off everybody at the magazines but the most recent reviews have not been overly positive to the Mojave. Between myself and my brother we have had all the old school sport quads and have ridden the new ones. The Mojave is one of the best quads out there.

Old 01-30-2001, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a 2001 Mojave and I believe it is a great buy. I paid 3799 out the door. Starts easily too. Excellent motor. Can't believe the mags anymore. You must ride to decide which is better.

Old 01-31-2001, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

AMEN BROTHERS! I have a 2000 Mo-jo and love the heck out of it. I race it a local MX tracks here in North Georgia and beat Warriors, Blasters, 300exlaxes(he he), and even a 400ex or two. Heck, at the Shelbyville TN arena-cross this past weekend I beat 2 banshees, 1 raptor, and 2 400exes. I got beat by 20 other riders, but I had the smallest motor of all the quads! Not bad for dang near stock! I wouldn't trade my Mo for anything out right now...that is...unless Kawasaki does come out with a replacement. RIDE HARD AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!

P.S. I should mention that I found out in Shelbyville that there is no replacement for displacement. Kawasaki needs to jump on the big bore bandwagon!

Old 02-03-2001, 05:32 AM
Pro Rider

What is funny is if you look back at the old '80's issues of Dirt Wheels and 3&4 Wheel action (remember old issues) you will find they total loved the Mojave and were always doing hop ups and projects on it. Fast forward to the present day you would think the bike was a total POS. THIS IS NOT TRUE. They continue to praise the 300ex which is nothing but a heavier version of the 250X equipped with electric start and no improvements except a slight increase in displacement. The Mojave is a better ride than the 300EX but the mags are bought out by Honda so they won't admit it. Ride one for yourself and you will know it is true. BTW I own a '01 Mojave.

Old 02-03-2001, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lurch, Where would you get the 13:5.1 compression piston and with the smoothie front did you have to relocate the ignition. thanks

Old 02-04-2001, 02:16 AM
Trailblazer

just bought my 99 just about new for 2700 and love it its does really need the 13tooth front sprocket thou.. Jim....

Old 02-04-2001, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

I know you will not like what I have to say, but I agree with the magazines. I think the mags are giving Kawi the kick in the rear they need to wake up and get up to bat! If you notice, I am a big Kawasaki fan and own a Tecate4.

They need to WAKE THE HE!! UP! They have been living off of the Majove for far to long! With this day and age, and all the new bikes out there, Kawi still has a small 4stroke sport bike with kick start that hasn't been changed since 86 or 87? Come on! The only decent attempt at the real High Performance market was the Teacte4, and I think they did a great job. They made an awsome bike for a measily 2 years, What a joke!

Almost all the sport bikes out there have electric start, with the exception ot the 2strokes, and the Majove still has kick start? Kawi needs to step up to the plate and hit a home run, they need another Tecate4 in the line up! I can't believe they are letting the compitition get away from them.

In 87 when the Tecate4 came out, you can bet Kawi had the magazines bought, all you heard was praise about the Tecate4. Now they are not doing it and getting bashed. Do you know why? Because now kawi has nothing to offer or brag about!

You guys who own the Majove, yea they are good bikes, but they are 1987 technology. In it's day it was up against the 250x and the Quad Sport. Now you complain that the Majove gets the shaft by not keeping up with an updated 250x (now the 300ex), well at least the 250x was updated, and made better! What has Kawasaki done to it's ONLY sport bike? I hate to see it, but Kawasaki and Suzuki are falling way behind in the high performance market. There used to be four major companies, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki! Now there is Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, and Bombadier. With 400ex's, Raptors, DS 650's and Scamblers on the market, Kawasaki and Suzuki don't have a chance!

When Kawasaki makes a real sport bike I will buy it, untill then I hope the magazines keep bashing them!

Old 02-04-2001, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that Kawasaki should come out with a new sport fourwheeler but that doesn't mean that the Mojave is flawed. BTW I have the old mags going back to '85 and the Tecate 4 was never praised. It didn't handle, vibrated a lot, and the suspension wasn't equal to the 250R or Quadracer. The reason they quit making it was because it didn't sell. Does yours have the Funco steering kit to eliminate bump steer? The old school Mojave doesn't need any mods like that because its front end is more advanced than the Tecate 4's.

Quick Reply: mojave