Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Varied Overheating 650i

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Varied Overheating 650i

Went riding with friends again today and was putting along for a while and noticed heat indicator was flashing on dash again. Its done it once before while just easing around and it back flowed the coolant into the bottle. Drove fast for a lil bit and she cooled right off. It happend again a few hours ago, puttin through the woods with landlord and family, indicator was flashing finally got hot enough to backflow. I keep the radiator fins sprayed and cleaned out all the time and I always try to pay attention to see if the fan is kicking on or not. It didnt come on at all this time even after it got that hot, are the fans fused? censor or what, Never really worked on them. Any diagnosis to this, when it was new didnt have the problem it would get hot when just easing around, but not hot enough to get the heat indicator to flash and backflow coolant. Help would be appreciated thanks. Joe

Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Varied Overheating 650i

The fans aren't fused, but they are protected by a breaker. Check under the seat . There should be a breaker laying there with a button on it. Press to reset. Other than that there is a sensor on the radiator top. On my 05 750 you connect the two wires going into it and the fan will come on to test. Try yours if the breaker reset doesn't work.