Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KVF750 A1 ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KVF750 A1 ??

Hi all. I'm a Polaris owner and big fan. But.......I have a chance to get a pretty good deal on an '05 KVF750 A1 Brute Force. Being a Polaris guy, i know NOTHING about these machines. How does this machine compare to a Sportsman 700 EFI? Any notable pros or cons? Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default KVF750 A1 ??

I know nothing about your Polaris except what you just wrote. The 05 KVF750 is carbed... if that matters.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default KVF750 A1 ??

The sportsman is much smoother and comfortable, well balanced, and handles a bit better. The Brute is powerful and will usually crush the Polaris when tuned right, carbed or not. Wheelies are effortless and the fun factor is off the chart.
The first Brutes had some issues, all correctable. They can often run rough (not all) after a few miles on them causing the owner to fiddle with the carb. Not too uncommon, my exhaust pipe glows like neon and makes for a hot leg. The wiring harness has a ground issue where a major splice passes under the seat area. Solution is to cut the harness open at the splice and insulate each wire separately. The tie rods are weak with big tires and have a recall on some of them. You got to keep the '05 cool and the radiator clean of mud. On the plus side the radiator is mounted high and doesn't clog with debris as much as other quads. You might not like it if you have been spoiled by that EFI. They are cold natured. I could go on and on....but I like my Brute even if the used market doesn't.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default KVF750 A1 ??

As a tech I really like the 750 brute forces myself, when the valve seals fall off I make good money. Oh ya and when you toast the bottom end I make even more, the last motor I did cost the guy 2500 bucks. That was cheap cause the one plain bearing in the crankcase you cann't buy so you would need to buy cases as well. I have a love affair with kawaski, I would rather push a Honda than own or ride a kawaski product. Oh ya extended warrenty won't cover any of that stuff so ya buy them up guys

Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default KVF750 A1 ??

Well, you've convinced me. My Brute is a piece of ****. So is every other Brute out there just because you did (or you read about) a few rebuilds on machines that have no doubt been abused by dillholes who sink them in the lake. Oh no, f'kn wait a minute. There is no cause. They just quit. There are none with several thousand miles on them and still going strong. Very hard to believe that the warranty wouldn't cover such a problem unless abuse is suspected.
By the way, pushing your Honda is a pretty good idea. I never thought about doing that since it doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default KVF750 A1 ??

Well I cann't wait for you to be out riding and be down in a hole and your belt light starts to flash. Then the 4x4 won't work and cann't go over 20mph lol.

Have you ever been asked if Harely built a air plane, would you fly in it?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default KVF750 A1 ??

It's not an issue because I know how to take care of that "problem" within 30 minutes including disassembly if required (usually not). It's never happened to me. It really isn't problem at all since it's intended to be a safety feature to prevent damage to my machine or me. If I can't get out of the hole because of the belt warning, that's why I got a good winch. It's used to pulling out many weaker makes, many omong the best on Earth, but it doesn't complain when pulling out me.
If modern Harley made a plane, there would be a whole lot of riders who would be proud to fly in it. (Say what you want, but some of us like it out here on the edge.)
The bottom line jodaanja, is that the Brute is a blast to ride and if you have got a good deal offered on one, you need to ride it before you buy and judge for yourself.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default KVF750 A1 ??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cluby
As a tech I really like the 750 brute forces myself, when the valve seals fall off I make good money. </end quote></div>
Well, I guess you would go broke on a BF750 like mine which has been running flawlessly for last 4 years.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default KVF750 A1 ??

mines a original 05, no motor work. runs like a freekin champ. it can run circles around my old rubicon. my local dealer here(largest in northeast) says they dont do alot of work on kawi's. more can ams than anything.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default KVF750 A1 ??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cluby

Oh ya and when you toast the bottom end I make even more, the last motor I did cost the guy 2500 bucks. That was cheap cause the one plain bearing in the crankcase you cann't buy so you would need to buy cases as well. I have a love affair with kawaski, I would rather push a Honda than own or ride a kawaski product. </end quote></div>

Name:  LHPlainBearing.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  34.4 KB

Wrong. See the LH side plain beaing (bushing) in my hand?
Just machine out about 20 thousandths of an inch and press fit into the case. It takes me less than half an hour for this bushing job. And I charge a lot less than $2500.

Just keep your engine oil clean, preferably synthetic, and your air filter clean. Don't suck in water or mud into your intake either. Check/adjust valve clearance. Don't overheat the engine. DO all common sense maintenance as any responsible owners would do and DON'T DO anything stupid with your machine, your 750 will last a long time.

Just like anything else in the world, if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Oh yea, I do have a love affair with Kawis too. And I ACTUALLY own and ride them.

Quick Reply: KVF750 A1 ??