Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NEED CARB>>>>NOT A KIT

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008 | 06:11 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default NEED CARB>>>>NOT A KIT

OK...Where can I get a new / used carb??? I've tried to search on the net (ebay and the likes), and all I get are rebuild kits. A kit does me no good as the guy I bought this from has stripped some of the screw holes out. Anyone know or have one? I found a guy near the house who has one for 425, I only paid 250 for the ATV! Any help would be greatly appreciated....Kawasaki Bayou 300. 88 model. email me at rubberneck19er@yahoo.... Thanks in advance!

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:30 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

WOW, 38 views and no answer....Anyone know the name of the stock carb? Mine is obviously aftermarket, as there are no markings or numbers on it (hence I would've looked the name up)

Old 12-18-2008 | 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

Ok, I'll take a stab at it !!! if the holes aren't stripped out too bad, you could try tapping them to the next size up (metric), or you could use an SAE tap and standard screws.

Old 12-18-2008 | 10:38 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I tired that, but they were pretty much hollowed out, and when I tapped it, of course on the LAST one it cracked the casing. It couldn't have just broke out. I'm guessing maybe I can JB weld it, but I've only got one shot...lol. I've called a Kawasaki dealership and they are "getting back to me". I guess if I lived in a rural area this would be easier, there's only one dealership about 45 min away. Thanks for the response!

Old 12-19-2008 | 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

search Arts Atv, they have used parts for about everything. They are located in WI but ship anywhere.