Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NEED TITLE FOR ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED TITLE FOR ATV

I purchased an ATV with no title. In my, State Of Missouri, we must title all ATVs.
I have talked with several state officials and it seems the only way to title is Court order and over $500 in fees. The bike is not worth that much. Does any one know a way to get a title, even from another state, then I can transfer title to MO.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

In CA, you can use a Bill of Sale which is filled out by the seller. You can either use the official Bill of Sale form from DMV or just a piece of paper with all required info. Then, DMV will check the VIN, and if checks out OK they will issue a new title to the new owner even if there is no record at all (as long as there is no negative record such as reported stolen).

Old 01-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

GBACKMAN,

I sure hope you find out something as I also live in Missouri and am in the same situation with an old but good ATV bought before stickers were needed and no one bothered to get any paperwork on it.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hayashi,

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they will do this for someone in Missouri and
by mail. Or do I have to be a CA resident? Any info youhave to get this done
would be appreciated. Thanks Again

Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Triple R,

Were are you in MO. I am in St Peters, MO, west of St Louis. I have been trying
for several months to figure this out. I tried the International Title on line and
got back a flimzy yellow paper from the State of Maine and have not taken it
to the DMV yet. I plan to take it in the next week. Will let you know how that goes.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

I live in the Bootheel, better known as Swampeast Missouri though I am just north of the flatlands and swamps.

I have a Bayou 300 we keep on one of our farms that only leaves the property once a year when we go deer hunting and one of my sons uses it, but the darned Forest Rangers check for stickers flags and stuff. We have a couple of Mules we could take, but they are too big to get through the woods very well.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, nice talking to ya. I have made several posting on other forums I visit and
if I get a good answer that will work in getting a title, I will let you know. I
did get a post on one other forum. They told me California will do it, alll you need
is a Bill of Sale, then they check to see if it is reported stolen, if not, they issue
a title. But they did not thell me if anyone can get this done in CA. So I posted back to ask that question and have not heard back but that was just in the last hour. If I get any thing I will let you know. Thanks

Old 01-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Good talking to you, apreciate any info you can come up with.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I imported a Honda and Kawi from the US to Canada and FedEx lost both titles somewhere in NJ (one Florida and the other was Ohio I think) in transit. The dealer in NY who I purchased them from registered them in NY (from what I understand does not require a title, just bill of sale), then I had them imported (after sitting at the border for 2 weeks), transfered them to NS titles with the NY bill of sales.

I was told by Florida DMV, that all I needed for a re-print of the actual title was a written letter for the prevois owner saying that I purchaed it (it was a repo so I didn't call....lol....but the bank could have done the same)

I don't think i have to tell you i think of FedEx now.....and they have yet to recover my titles or pay for the replacments.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Since talking to everyone, I have found a legal way to get title. The State of Illinios has a Bonded Title process. I know someone in Il and sold the ATV to them
by Bill of Sale. They then purchased a Bond, $100. Then filed Application with
State of IL for bonded title, $30. After he receives title back he will then sign
title over to me. I will then request title from my State of Missouri cost $20.
Title issue solved, Total Cost $150.00

Quick Reply: NEED TITLE FOR ATV