Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

(WATER)bad design air intake on 750 brute

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation (WATER)bad design air intake on 750 brute

Anybody else have a problem with water getting in the intake on Brute forces especially the 750? When in water to the floorboards or lower splashing into the intake? I am trying to find out how big a problem this is....I know of 3 so far trying to get all the info I can a good friend is getting ready to take his to the dealer and trying to help him. Water splashes way to easily from the front wheels. All help will be greatly appreciater. Thanks!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the problem on my 08 650I. The water did not have to be up to the floorboards.

Check with a guy that goes by Mudcon. He mostlikly had the problem as well since I mainly copied his idea on how to stop the water.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had the same problem on my 08 750. hit a puddle to fast and filled the engine, air box, and cvt. Luckily I shut it down before any damage was done. I pulled the plugs and drained all the water out of everything, and changed the air filter. I was cruzing pretty good coming into the puddle, and that's all it took.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

I have done a couple things to my Brute to counter this problem. I added rubber flaps in the front wheel wells. Innertubes work great for this! Also, I added the EHS Racing air box lid and blocked off the front stock intake opening. The only perfect solution is to run snorkels, but I didnt want to do all that. Check out mud in my blood webpage, they have a great how-to on snorkeling.

Here is a pic of my EHS lid.

Attached Thumbnails (WATER)bad design air intake on 750 brute-aah.sized.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

Was the problem corrected on '09 model?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by chouser
Was the problem corrected on '09 model?
Nope. I have the '09.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

no i have the 09 750 i cant tellyou how many times i have to stop everyone that i ride with and fix the problem. i run the lake bottoms and have many long streches of water/mud crossings that you have to floor it to get acrross. i used to have the 07 brute and the problem was not nearly as bad as it is now. where the water comes in its shaped like when you cup your hand and it has a gap behind the "cap" which is located right in front of hte air box and by the steering stem. im so tired of getting drowned out because if that crap and i dont wanna snorkel

Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by rjbrooks
no i have the 09 750 i cant tellyou how many times i have to stop everyone that i ride with and fix the problem. i run the lake bottoms and have many long streches of water/mud crossings that you have to floor it to get acrross. i used to have the 07 brute and the problem was not nearly as bad as it is now. where the water comes in its shaped like when you cup your hand and it has a gap behind the "cap" which is located right in front of hte air box and by the steering stem. im so tired of getting drowned out because if that crap and i dont wanna snorkel
Check out the forums at Nyroc's ATV info website. There are a few different ways people have made this issue better and even solved it without snorkels. There is a ton of info over there regarding brutes and other utility atv's.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RAPTORJUNKIE
I have done a couple things to my Brute to counter this problem. I added rubber flaps in the front wheel wells. Innertubes work great for this! Also, I added the EHS Racing air box lid and blocked off the front stock intake opening. The only perfect solution is to run snorkels, but I didnt want to do all that. Check out mud in my blood webpage, they have a great how-to on snorkeling.

Here is a pic of my EHS lid.
Mine is an '09. Is installing the air box lid all you have to do? How did you block off the stock intake opening?
Thanks