Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mule 610 4X4 - Snorkeling Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mule 610 4X4 - Snorkeling Question

I have a 610 4X4 stock from the factory. I cross high water crossings often when I am riding it. I have had it stall out now on 2 occassions when the water is about 1 1/2 foot+ deep. I know water is getting the belt wet inside. I have not done too much digging around to fix the problem. But, can anyone give me a tip on how to "snorkel" it as I have heard there are ways to prevent this from happening? Suggestions?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ej2525
I have a 610 4X4 stock from the factory. I cross high water crossings often when I am riding it. I have had it stall out now on 2 occassions when the water is about 1 1/2 foot+ deep. I know water is getting the belt wet inside. I have not done too much digging around to fix the problem. But, can anyone give me a tip on how to "snorkel" it as I have heard there are ways to prevent this from happening? Suggestions?
mine does the same thing it 2011 and snorkel is in the rollbar on the top of my carb- is a vent hose that i had to run up the roll bar and under is a breather for the rearend and the gas tank with a little suckin vent in it and it will suck water farther u will want to move it back on the rearend vent line there is a clear canster it has an open nipple on it witch fills your rear end with water and last seal the coil wire in that should do it i can go over the hood now good luck dont dround

Old 09-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default how to dround a mule

Originally Posted by hunting606
mine does the same thing it 2011 and snorkel is in the rollbar on the top of my carb- is a vent hose that i had to run up the roll bar and under is a breather for the rearend and the gas tank with a little suckin vent in it and it will suck water farther u will want to move it back on the rearend vent line there is a clear canster it has an open nipple on it witch fills your rear end with water and last seal the coil wire in that should do it i can go over the hood now good luck dont dround
sealeverything and use grease around your airboxs

Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default water in my clutch area

I have a 2015 610 mule and I keep getting some water in the clutch area that causes my clutch to slip. The clutch takes are in from the roll bar at the top but the rear of the clutch cover has a hose out the back that points down and I think I get water in the clutch that way. Is there a way to reroute that back vent?
Thanks

Old 05-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default water in my clutch area

It seems to be okay in a deep water crossing, although I never stop in the deep water, but I seem to get water in the clutch when I am going through a water ditch. sometimes you stop there so I am wondering if there is not enough air going in and out to keep the water out of the clutch area.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Brett Van Sickle
It seems to be okay in a deep water crossing, although I never stop in the deep water, but I seem to get water in the clutch when I am going through a water ditch. sometimes you stop there so I am wondering if there is not enough air going in and out to keep the water out of the clutch area.
The air movement is there for only one reason...to help cool the belt and clutches. You might want to add some sort of small snorkel to the air intake and air exhaust side of the clutch cover...possibly rubber hoses...maybe a foot long ( upwards ).......possibly automotive radiator hoses of some sort...And for more money, I would imagine that there is an aftermarket "small" snokeling set that can be purchased. Water will eventually ruin the clutches....and can cause pitting/corrosion in them as well as the engine case.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I have looked for an aftermarket kit but I cannot find one. Ill have to make one up. Thanks again for the help

Old 09-17-2021, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hunting606
I know it's been a while, but I have a snorkelling question on this post. I have everything done that you had mentioned, but how did you seal the coil wire? (Did you just put silicone around the connections on top of the motor?)